Another (BG3) Baldur’s Gate III page and this time focusing on the character of Gale.
This page will list all of the possible Approval and Disapproval condition and dialogues.
Allowing you to either become Gale’s best friend or his, well simply put, one of his enemies, I guess..
Each dialogue you get to select and choose from can often result in either of your companions being a fan of your decision (Approval) or disliking your choice (Disapproval)
We have also decided to list the areas in which these dialogues occur too, to hopefully makes things more easier.
You can find a Disapproval/Approval list for the character Astarion, here
- Gale Dialogue
- Gale Approval / Disapproval List
- Astarion Dialogue
- Other Baldur’s Gate III – Videos
- How To Romance Gale
- Gale Random Party Banter / Dialogue
- Gale – Origin Character Solo (Single Character) – Wizard (Full Early Access Run)
FOREST, RAVAGED BEACH, SWAMP
- After the Edowin scene, go ahead and speak to Shadowheart (who should have a marker above her, if not then reload and only bring her with you and choose the Illithid option during the Edowin scene). Whilst speaking with Shadowheart, choose the I’ll speak for myself option (3)
- Whilst examining the body of Edowin, pick the parasite up in order to inspect it. Then choose to kill it (Crush it)
- Successfully recruit the dog, Scratch
GALE DEATH SCENE (Can Be Any Location. I Did This At Ravaged Beach) –
When Gale assumes you have questions about his revival, simply reply with – You know what? It’s fine. (3)
RAVAGED BEACH –
- When you meet up with Laezel once again, choose the option – Shoot the trap down (Persuasion). You will need to win the die roll
- When you meet up with Laezel once again, choose the option – The creature is dangerous (Deception). You will need to win the die roll
- Successfully recruit Laezel
- When you find Auntie Ethel talking with two men, side against her. Choose the option to help the brothers find their sister (1)
- Outside of Auntie Ethel’s house there will be a Well, simply drink from it.
- After completing the side quest Save Mayrina, and if you managed to spare Mayrina during the Auntie Ethel fight. Make sure to let Mayrina go off with her dead husband in peace
FOREST, RAVAGED BEACH, SWAMP
- Whilst examining the body of Edowin, pick the parasite up in order to inspect it. Then choose to Leave it alone (3)
RAVAGED BEACH –
- When you once again meet up with Laezel, choose to side with Laezel in order to kill the Tieflings
During the Save Mayrina side quest, you should eventually come across a man named Lorin. Simply scare him into believing you are a Mind Flayer (ROAR)
- When speaking to the group of Tieflings (Rolan) by the praying merchant, agree that they should leave the Grove before more Goblins arrive.
- When you see a couple screaming about their daughter (Save Arabella). Speak to them, choose the option – Like you said – it is your fault (3)
- During the Save Arabella side quest, simply do nothing and let Arabella die
- Speak to Kagha (first time), choose the option – That was quite a show (3)
- Approach and speak to Mattis, she will show you a ring / coin trick. Take and pocket the ring
- After speaking to Kagha, find and speak to Zevlor. Here you want to refuse to speak to The Blade Of Frontiers This only applies if you have not yet actually spoken to him
- Find Timber (Squirrel) and kick it. Strength Check.
- Speak to Nettie’s little blue bird by using Speak With Animals. Choose to keep prodding at the bird
- Head inside the small building in the middle of the grove in on order to find Pandirma. Choose the option to threaten to break her neck (Intimidation Check)
- Agree to help Goblin Sazza return to the Goblin Camp. Basically complete her side quest.
- After successfully escorting Sazza out of the Druid Grove, Gale should have a marker above his head. If he does go ahead ahead and speak to him.
- At the Grove gate, go ahead and side with Minthara. This only applies if you managed to tell her the location to the Grove whilst at the Goblin Camp.
- During the argument between Zevlor and the human, try to defuse the fight before it gets out of hand
- After the Zevlor and human argument at the entrance and If Laezel is with you, hopefully she has a marker above her head. If not you may need to reload and bring only her with you. When the marker appears go ahead and speak to her. Select the option to help the people in the Grove
- After the argument, go ahead and speak to Zevlor. Choose the option to agree that you will help him stop the ritual
- Go ahead and speak to the group of Tieflings (Rolan) near the praying merchant. Choose the option – That they should all stay and help (Persuasion Check)
- When the Goblin Sazza is being interrogated, proceed to stand in order to protect her and not let her die.
- When you first speak to Arabella’s parents, choose the option – The druids are overreacting.
- During the Save Arabella side quest, try to prevent the child from being a victim to the Snake. Basically save her.
- Speak to Kagha (first time), then choose the option – Only a monster would threaten a child.
- Successfully recruit Wyll to your party.
- Try to teach Guex on how to use a sword (If done correctly you will also be rewarded with a Battleaxe)
- Swear to take the Wyvern Poison during the Healer Nettie side quest
- Whilst speaking to Mattis (coin trick girl), buy something from her. pass the Perception check in order to catch a child trying to steal from you. Tell the child to relax. You did not steal anything.
- After speaking to Kagha, return back to Zevlor. Agree to speak to The Blade Of Frontiers
- During the Investigate Kagha quest, convince Kagha to side against the Shadow Druids
- If you told Minthara the location of the Druid Grove during your visit to the Goblin Camp. Make sure to stand against her at the Grove Gates
- Go ahead and speak to Gale, learn more about him. Aww, he has a cat =^.^= Continue to get more out of him. (Wisdom Check)
- During the Condition scene, refuse his offer to look for magical artefacts.
- During the Condition scene, probe into Gale’s thoughts. Wisdom Check. Choose to delve even deeper into his mind. Another Wisdom Check. Fail the die/dice roll. Here you can also see him leave the party altogether
- During the Weave scene, tell Gale that you have no interest in magic.
- During the Weave scene, select to either imagine kicking him in the gut or his severed head on a spike
- During the I Have Lost scene, when Gale tells you that he has lost Mystra, select the option – Another fool pays for his arrogance (3)
- After the second Illithid Dream, select the option – The parasites have proved useful, we should still use them.
- After third Illithid Dream, select the option to keep using the parasites.
- During the Raphael scene, select the option – I’ll do anything to get rid of the tadpole (1)
- If you sided with the Goblins, speak to Gale and select the following option – Quite whining (3)
- During the Search The Cellar side quest, give Astarion the Necromancy Of Thay book
- After Astarion reveals that he is a Vampire, speak to him. When your companions intervene, select the You can leave option (3) or He wont hurt us (2)
- If you refuse to give Gale artefacts, he will contact Raphael. Choose the Something’s off (1). Wisdom Check.
- During the Condition scene, agree to listen to Gale and accept his demands
- During the Weave scene, choose to learn more about magic / weave.
- During the Weave scene, choose the option of either picture kissing him or holding hands
- During the I Have Lost scene, continue the dialogue until Gale tells you that he has lost Mystra. After which respond with the I sympathise (2) option
- When Laezel comes to you with a dagger, choose the following option – I’ll make it quick (Deception Check). Then choose to spare her life, no one dies.
- After the second Illithid Dream, choose the following option – To stop using the parasites
- After third Illithid Dream, choose the following option – I couldn’t help myself, sorry. (2)
- During the Search The Cellar side quest, make sure to give Gale the Necromancy Of Thay book
- During the introduction to Raphael, select the I need to think this over (2) option
- After the scene with Raphael, proceed to talk about the events with Gale. Select the How do you propose we beat a devil? (3)
- Agree to romance Gale
- With the Owlbear Cub in camp, choose to feed it whenever you see it bouncing around.
- Choose to pet the dog, Scratch
- As soon as you enter Blighted Village, you will be spotted by a bunch of Goblins. Use the Illithid Power option to prevent a fight from breaking out.
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest, when speaking to the Goblins try and make them leave without starting a fight.
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest, free the poor Gnome. Choose the option You owe me nothing (2)
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest, whilst speaking with the Goblins. Agree to pay their toll (1,000 Gold or lower)
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest, free the poor Gnome. Then select the option – A little compensation will be nice (3)
- Make the Goblin Novice Crusher kiss your foot, instead of him kissing yours.
- When you first confront Spike, choose the option to force Spike into cooperating (Intimidation Check)
- When you first speak to Priestess Gut, choose the option to basically kill her.
- After rescuing the Goblin Sazza you will find her with Minthara, when you get the opportunity make sure to side with Sazza so that she can escape the dreaded spider fate.
- When Minthara tells you to side with her in order to bring down the Grove. Deny her as you want no part of her plan.
- During Rescue Druid Halsin, you will eventually find yourself confronting some Goblins who are throwing stones at a Bear. Choose the option to stop the Goblins, then choose to attack them.
- When you first try to enter Goblin Camp you will be stopped by a Goblin and his pet, choose to put the the smelly ”war paint” on your face
- When you first come across the Goblin Novice Crusher, he will want you to kiss his feet. Thus, do as he demands
- When you accept to kiss Novice Crusher‘s feet, continue by then licking his foot too
- When you first encounter the Goblin Spike, choose the option to torture the poor hostage. (May need to force Wyll into doing it)
- When you first speak to Priestess Gut, if Wyll is with you Agree with him and attack (Potential glitch, maybe?. See the Approval version)
- Accept to be branded by Priestess Gut
- After rescuing the Goblin Sazza you will find her with Minthara, when Sazza turns to you simply reply by letting her get eaten by the spiders
- Make sure to side with Minthara
- During Rescue Druid Halsin, you will eventually find yourself confronting some Goblins who are throwing stones at a Bear. Tell the Goblins that Sharp stone cut through the fur (3)
- During Rescue Druid Halsin, you will eventually find yourself confronting some Goblins who are throwing stones at a Bear. Join in with the Goblins and throw a rock at the Bear
- When you first meet up with the Myconids, and when the Mysterious Voice tells you to state your purpose, tell them that you Seek Understanding (Insight Check) and that you have Come to aid them.
- During the Find The Mushroom Picker side quest, confront poor Baelen and tell him basically to figure it out himself (leave him to his own mess)
- When you first encounter Gekh Coal, he will tell you about a runaway slave and Sergeant Thrinn’s boots. Accept to help him find the boots
- During the Rescue The Artist side quest, successfully rescue Oskar Fevras. Then speak to him, and choose the option that Slaves do not speak unless spoken to (3) Let him continue his life in servitude
- During the Missing Shipment quest, try to keep Rugan and his friend alive. Then report back to Zhentarim (Chest unopened). From there, choose to Kill Rugan
- When you try to make your way to the Zhentarim you will spot a man inside the building, tell him to wait and then try to avoid a fight.
- During the Rescue The Artist side quest, agree to pay and free the poor slave Oskar Fevras
- After rescuing the slave Oskar Fevras, go ahead and speak to him. When he asks for coin, go ahead and give him some
- Find the dying Gnoll in the middle of the road, choose to destroy the abomination
- During the Githyanki Creche quest, Laezel will confront some of her brethren. Get through the scene without causing a fight to break out.
- During the Githyanki Creche quest, Laezel will confront some of her brethren. Allow Laezel to ‘Play Along’
- During the Missing Shipment quest, you will end up against a pack of Gnolls and one of which is named Flind. Use your mind powers to force her to devour the other gnolls (Wisdom Check)
- During the Missing Shipment quest, if you managed to keep Rugan alive. Tell him that you will start cutting if he doesn’t give you the chest. (Intimidation Check)
- During the Missing Shipment quest, try to keep Rugan and his friend alive. Then report back to Zhentarim (Chest unopened). From there, refuse to kill Rugan
- During the Hunt the Devil quest, when you meet up with Karlach choose the option – I heard you are dangerous (Intimidation Check)
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: