With just a little under a week still left to go until the long-awaited release of Biomutant, the teams over at THQ Nordic and Experiment 101 have released brand new gameplay videos for both Playstation 4, XBox One X and PC.
The teams have also revealed the frame rates and resolutions that the game will be able to run on…
- PC – The PC is capable of running Biomutant at a 4K resolution with 60 frames per second
- PlayStation 4 Pro / Xbox One X – Both the Playstation 4 Pro and XBox One X will be able to run at 1080p dynamic resolution with 60 frames per second.
- Playstation 4 / XBox One – The base console versions can only run at 1080p at 30 frames per second.
Biomutant pits players in a post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu RPG, where a terrible plague is ravaging the world and killing the Tree-of-Life.
- A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT
The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations. Learning new Wung-Fu combat forms through progression and learning from masters you’ll meet, will constantly add to your choices and make sure combat never gets old.
- EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY
You’ll be able to re-code your genetic structure to change the way you look and play. This will of course affect your attributes and in addition to this, exposure to bio-contamination in the world will lead to mutations like the Turtleform and Mucus Bubble, while exposure to radioactivity found in bunkers from the old world will affect your mind and unlock psi-mutations like telekinesis, levitation and more.
- NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING
You are totally free when crafting weapons. Mix and match parts to create your own unique 1H or 2H slash and crush weapons. Revolvers, rifles and shotguns and add modifications like cork-screws and battery-powered chainsaw modules to bio-contaminated sludge vials adding to your combat arsenal. There are even characters you’ll meet that’ll craft cool stuff for you, like bionic wings, a jump-pack and even let you modify your Automaton – the scrap-toy sidekick!
- GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE
You are totally free when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but what type of gear you wear. Equip a gas-mask and an oxygen tank for exploring the Dead Zones, thermos-resistant clothes for venturing into cryonic areas or protective gear for taking on bio-contaminated creatures, the choice is up to you.
- SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD
You are free to explore the world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon or area unique mounts. Explore the dying wildland, the tunnels and bunker networks of the underworld, and find your way up the mountains or out in the archipelago. There are lots of discoveries to be made, mysteries to unravel, creatures to confront and weird characters to meet in this vibrant and colorful world.
- AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END
Your actions play a major part in the unfolding of a story where End is coming to the New World. A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down…
You are guided through the world by a Storyteller that narrates every step of your journey, but it’s your actions and choices that’ll decide how your story of survival ends.
Biomutant is set to release this May 25th on the Playstation 4, XBox One and PC
PLAYSTATION 4 PRO & XBOX ONE X GAMEPLAY
PLAYSTATION 4 & XBOX ONE GAMEPLAY
- GAME: Biomutant
- DEVELOPER: Experiment 101
- PUBLISHER: THQ Nordic
- RELEASE DATE: May 25th, 2021
- PLATFORM: PC, XBox One, XBox One X, Playstation 4, Playstation 4 Pro
- GENRE: RPG, Open World, Action
- SOURCE: Steam, Biomutant
- SEE ALSO:
- Biomutant – General News
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 5 – Lethal Devotion) - 2nd February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 4 – Obliteration Imminent) - 1st February 2023
- Batman Arkham Knight – Fear Strikes Gotham City (Game Review) - 31st January 2023