ELEX II is currently in production from the makers of both hit RPG titles, Gothic and Risen. It was originally announced back in June and is the direct sequel to the 2017 title that was released on the Playstation 4, XBox One, and PC.
The game is set in a post-apocalyptic fantasy world of Magalan, where a new enemy threatens to destroy all life on the planet.
In this new trailer we get to delve into the story a bit more, where we see characters perhaps not taking this new threat very seriously.
Several years after Jax defeated the Hybrid, a new threat arrives from the sky, unleashing the dangerous powers of dark Elex and endangering all life on the planet. In order to defend the peace on Magalan and the safety of his own family, Jax has to go on a mission to convince the factions to unite against the invaders and find his own son, Dex, who got separated from him …
Dive into a huge, hand-crafted, completely unique world with multiple factions and diverse environments set in a post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe.
- explore the planet of Magalan with unprecedented freedom, using your trusted jetpack to traverse the map and even fly!
- interact with a lived-in world, full of unique NPCs, who
- will remember what you’ve done and react accordingly
- will join or leave your group depending on how you behave
- are able to be killed, which will have an effect on the story
- engage in fluid close and ranged combat with a massively improved control system
- experience a story where your actions have consequences, immersing you in a world of moral decisions
Though no official release date for ELEX II has been announced yet, fans can expect the game to release on Playstation 5, Playstation 4, XBox Series X/S, XBox One, and PC.