The new Fallout 76 Steel Dawn update has been released a week before schedule due to an unfortunate error.
This error also meant that players who managed to download the update was also unable to actually play the game.
Those effected where mainly part of the XBox community. Due to this the update is now officially available, though it wasn’t expected to be released until December 1st.
The update is now said to be available for all platforms.
You can read the Patch Notes below..
- Ad Victoriam!: The Brotherhood of Steel is back! Explore the first chapter of their story, meet new characters, visit new and updated locations, and unlock rewards as you experience the all-new Steel Dawn questline.
- Head Underground: Flex those creative muscles by building out your very own instanced interiors with our first three C.A.M.P. Shelters.
- Gear Up: Complete Steel Dawn quests and take on Daily Ops to earn new weapons and armor that are straight from the Brotherhood arsenal.
- Don’t Just Survive, Thrive!: We’ve removed all negative effects from Hunger and Thirst. Instead, you’ll receive buffs that increase based on how well fed and hydrated you are.
- Save Those Atoms: (Coming December 1) Already have some of the items in an Atomic Shop bundle? No problem! Bundle prices now lower automatically if you already own any items they contain.
UPDATE VERSION 220.127.116.11
Check the download sizes below for today’s patch on your platform of choice:
- PC (Bethesda.net): 8.3 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 16.4 GB
- PC (Steam): 8.8 GB
- PlayStation 4: 15.2 GB
- Xbox One: 16.0 GB
NEW STEEL DAWN QUESTLINE
The Brotherhood of Steel has returned to Appalachia on a mission to reclaim the region for humanity, to preserve any tech they can find, and to find out what befell Paladin Taggerdy and her crew. Starting today, you can begin your journey with the Brotherhood of Steel and work toward a brighter future for Appalachia in the all-new Steel Dawn questline.
- Complete New Quests: Meet the new Brotherhood arrivals and begin your journey through the Steel Dawn questline by heading to Fort Atlas (formerly ATLAS Observatory) in the Savage Divide region of Appalachia.
- Your level 20+ characters can begin the Steel Dawn quests immediately, even if you haven’t completed any prior Fallout 76 quest content.
- When you log in with an eligible character, a quest called “Welcome to the Neighborhood” will prompt you to visit Fort Atlas.
- Please note: You can now Fast Travel to Fort Atlas for free. However, if you had already discovered ATLAS Observatory before to today’s update, its icon will no longer be visible on your Map. You will need to revisit the area to discover Fort Atlas, which will cause its Map marker to appear.
- Meet New Faces: Get acquainted with new characters, like Paladin Rahmani, Knight Shin, Scribe Valdez, and many others who have arrived in Appalachia with the Steel Dawn Update.
- Explore New locations: We’ve added several new locations and updated a number of existing ones that you’ll delve into during your journey with the Brotherhood.
- Gear Up with New Rewards: Progress through the Steel Dawn questline and complete Daily Ops to earn a host of cosmetic, C.A.M.P., and item rewards, including the following new weapons and armor straight from the Brotherhood arsenal:
- Crusader Pistol
- Plasma Cutter
- Hellstorm Missile Launcher
- Brotherhood Recon Armor
- You can purchase a variety of mods for these new items from Regs in Vault 79 using Gold Bullion, including mods that can alter each weapon to deal various types of elemental damage.
- Main Menu Updates: The Brotherhood has taken over the game’s Main Menu with an all-new background video and music.
Head underground with C.A.M.P. Shelters, which are instanced interiors that you can add to your C.A.M.P. and customize to flex your creativity as a builder.
- We’ve added a brief new quest, called “Home Expansion,” to the game that all players must complete in order to gain access to the C.A.M.P. Shelters feature.
- Begin the “Home Expansion” quest by reading a Shelters Claim Center poster in Train Stations throughout Appalachia. Or, find your way inside the Claim Center by locating a key in the northern Forest region.
- With today’s update, we’re introducing our first three C.A.M.P. Shelters, which each offer a different sized space to build in, and feature their own layouts and styles.
- Vault Utility Room: After completing the “Home Expansion” quest, all players can claim the Vault Utility Room for free in the Atomic Shop.
- Please Note: Since we decided to release Steel Dawn early, only the Vault Utility Room will be available on November 24. The Vault Lobby and Atrium described below will arrive at a later date.
- Vault Lobby: Fallout 1st Members can claim this medium-sized Shelter this month in the Fallout 1st section of the Atomic Shop. In the future, it will be available to all players for Atoms.
- Vault Atrium: The largest of our first three Shelters, the Vault Atrium can be purchased using Atoms.
- Once you’ve claimed a C.A.M.P. Shelter, you can access its interior by building the associated Shelter Entrance in your C.A.M.P.
- Your C.A.M.P. can contain one of each type of Shelter that you own, and you can build multiple Entrances to the same Shelter.
- Find your available Shelter Entrances by scrolling to the new “Shelters” category in the C.A.M.P. Build Menu. Select the Entrance you’d like to build, and then head inside.
- Every Shelter has its own build budget that is separate from your main C.A.M.P., as well as any other Shelters you’ve built.
- Your Shelter interiors will be saved as you build, so you won’t lose anything if you relocate your C.A.M.P., move your Shelter Entrances, or if your Entrances get destroyed.
- Since they are instanced, Shelters are able to offer sizable build budgets. Currently, each of our first three Shelters have larger budgets than your main C.A.M.P.
- We’ve relaxed certain build restrictions inside Shelters by introducing a “Toggle Snapping” option that you can turn off to place objects anywhere you’d like, or turn on to snap objects to each other or the build grid.
- Additionally, use the Shelter Control Panel inside of each C.A.M.P. Shelter to quickly scrap or repair everything you’ve built so far.
DYNAMIC BUNDLE PRICING
- Please Note: Since we decided to release Steel Dawn early, Dynamic Bundles will not be available until our original patch date of December 1.
- A common suggestion we’ve received from Atomic Shop aficionados has been to reduce bundle prices for players who already own some of the items they contain. With today’s update, we’ve added pricing tech that will do just that.
- Going forward, if you own one or more items in a bundle, its Atom price will automatically reduce accordingly. The more items you already have, the lower your adjusted price.
- Bundles that have been adjusted this way will now display your price vs. the original price.
- Items you already own will be marked in each Bundle’s description.
- We’ve also added a new “Bundles” category to the left-hand side of the Atomic Shop menu so that you can more easily find all of the bundles that are currently available without having to hunt for them on multiple pages.
ADDITIONAL ATOMIC SHOP UPDATES
- Backpack Flair: Add even more personality to your characters with Backpack Flair! We’ve added two Backpack Flair slots to the modify menu for Backpacks that you can use to add cosmetic Flair.
- Going forward, keep an eye out for different Backpack Flairs that you can unlock in the Atomic Shop, claim from Season Scoreboards, or earn as rewards in-game.
- Backpacks you crafted prior to the Steel Dawn Update will not have Backpack Flair mod slots. Craft new versions of your Backpacks to cause the Backpack Flair slots to appear.
- Please Note: While the Backpack Flair system is live as of November 24, Flairs themselves are not yet available. We will let you know as soon as we add them on a later date.
- Fallout 1st: Items that have special discounts for Fallout 1st Members will now appear in the Fallout 1st section of the Atomic Shop while they are on sale.
- These items will now also display a Fallout 1st icon, both in the Fallout 1st category and in their appropriate sub categories in the Atomic Shop.
- Lunchboxes: In addition to earning Lunchbox rewards from a Season Scoreboard, or buying them with Gold Bullion in-game, you can now purchase them for Atoms in the Atomic Shop.
- Please Note: Since we decided to release Steel Dawn early, Lunchboxes will not be available in the Shop until our original patch date of December 1.
- Lunchbox buff descriptions and the chances to receive each buff have been added to the “Lunchboxes” section of the Help Menu.
- New Items: We’ve added a number of new rare rewards that you can earn by completing Daily Ops. They include Plans to craft Brotherhood Recon Armor, the Crusader Pistol, Plasma Cutter, and Hellstorm Missile Launcher.
- Plan Rewards: Say goodbye to duplicate Plans! Non-tradeable item Plans that can be awarded by Daily Ops, like the War Glaive Plan, will no longer continue to drop as rewards after you’ve learned them.
- Mutations and Enemies: To help keep Daily Ops feeling fresh each day, we’ve made an adjustment to prevent the same enemy mutation and faction from appearing two days in a row.
HUNGER AND THIRST UPDATES
- We agree with feedback from the community that our hunger and thirst mechanics could feel a little too punishing. We’ve decided to remove the negative effects when you’re hungry or thirsty, and buff up the bonuses you receive when you’re fed and hydrated.
- Going forward, your Action Points, Health, and Disease Resists will no longer be negatively affected when you haven’t had anything to eat or drink recently.
- Instead, you will receive buffs that increase depending on how full your hunger and thirst meters are:
- Hunger: Gain +15 Max HP when partially fed, up to +35 Max HP, +35% Disease Resist, and +1 Strength when fully fed.
- Thirst: Gain +15% AP Regeneration when partially hydrated, up to +35% AP Regeneration, +35% Disease Resist, and +1 Endurance when fully hydrated.
- Holiday Gifts: Increased the weight of Holiday Gifts to 1 pound each, and made them untradeable.
- Pacifist Mode: When Pacifist Mode becomes available to new characters at level 5, it will now be toggled on by default.
- Map: Added a Fast Travel point and Map marker for Vault 51.
- Settler Forager: Players can once again receive Daily Quests from the Settler Forager Ally.
ART & GRAPHICS
- Animations: Human NPCs that have both legs crippled no longer appear to fall down and then immediately stand back up. Instead, they will remain standing, but they will remain immobile until one leg is healed.
- Power Armor:** Players’ posteriors are now properly protected while wearing Enclave Power Armor.
- Weapons: Turbo-Fert Fertilizer Grenades no longer appear to explode twice on detonation.
- Weapons: Charging up the Gauss Pistol and then holstering it no longer causes a small portion of the weapon model to disappear.
C.A.M.P. AND WORKSHOPS
- General: Grass and small plants are once again visually removed when placing Foundations and other large C.A.M.P. objects on top of them.
- Brotherhood Field Station: Closed up a hole in the Field Station’s ceiling.
- Décor: Players can now build Powered Lawn Flamingos without having learned the base Lawn Flamingo Plan.
- Encampment Bridge: Fixed an issue that could allow Encampment Bridge pieces to remain floating in mid-air after removing connecting pieces.
- Encampment Fence: The Encampment Fence now spins at its center point when rotating the object in build mode, and its explosion visual effects also appear at its center point when the Fence is destroyed.
- Exploit: Traps now have a minimum distance that they can be placed from other Traps. C.A.M.P.s and Blueprints containing Traps that are stacked on top of each other can no longer be placed.
- Exploit: Addressed a C.A.M.P. budget exploit related to Wires.
- Exploit: Addressed an item exploit related to Collectron Stations.
- Rocket Rides: Can no longer be placed clipping into other objects.
- Super Reactor: Now scraps into Aluminum, Copper, and Rubber, instead of just Rubber.
- Explosion Damage: Fixed an issue that caused non-physical explosions from weapons, like Floater Grenades, to deal less damage than intended.
- VATS: Greatly improved the accuracy of chance to hit percentages when using VATS.
- VATS: Hits that successfully strike the target now deal damage correctly.
- VATS: Fixed an issue that could cause VATS to close when line of sight to the targeted enemy became partially obstructed.
- VATS: Continuing to fire a Flamer or Cryolator after closing VATS no longer stops those weapons from damaging enemies.
- VATS: Corrected the damage dealt when firing the Tesla Rifle and uncharged Gauss Weapons in VATS.
- Contextual Ammo: Enemies in Daily Ops now correctly drop Shotgun Shells when using the Fancy Shotgun.
- Bosses: Daily Ops Bosses no longer sometimes swap their unique weapons for weapons from nearby creature corpses.
- Bosses: The Super Mutant Daily Ops Boss is no longer disarmed after being staggered.
- Operation Report: After achieving Paladin Tier or higher, the rewards list in the Operation Report now correctly includes both of the player’s legendary item rewards.
- Vault 94: Fixed an issue causing certain doors inside Vault 94 to display a button prompt without any text.
- Blood Eagles: Can no longer be turned into Scorched Blood Eagles by Scorchbeasts.
- Earle Williams: Can no longer turn into an Ash Pile or a Goo Pile on death, nor dismembered by the Bloody Mess Perk.
- Scorchbeast Queen: No longer clips into the terrain during her strafe attack.
- Apparel: Fixed several instances where Enclave Underarmor could clip through different apparel, like the Bomber Jacket and the Pint-Sized Slasher Outift.
- Armor: Sturdy and Heavy Metal Left Leg Armor can now drop as legendary items.
- Armor: Players can now correctly remove Misc. Mods from Armor pieces.
- Armor: Secret Service Armor with the Weightless legendary attribute no longer counteracts cloaking granted by the Chameleon Mutation.
- Gamma Gun: Firing rapidly no longer sometimes causes the Gamma Gun to fire more rounds than the magazine contains.
- Gauss Minigun: The crosshair no longer persists on top of the Gauss Minigun’s sights while aiming after applying the Gunner Sights mod.
- Gauss Shotgun: Can no longer spawn with the Explosive legendary effect.
- Heavy Weapons: The Cryolator now correctly deals cryo damage, and the Flamer deals fire damage.
- Mods: Weapons that have Heated Mods applied now correctly deal Fire damage.
- Mods: The Refrigerated Backpack Mod now consistently reduces the food spoilage rate by 50%.
- Mods: Weighted Armor Mods now ignore 5 points of enemy Damage Resist in addition to the 10% they ignored previously. This will improve situations where Weighted mods had very little effect on enemies who already had low Damage Resists.
- Pump-Action Shotgun: Increased Pump-Action Shotgun Bash damage so that it is in line with Rifles and other Shotguns.
- Recipes: The Radstag Redemption, Mirelurk Boil, and Headhunters Headcheese Recipe Notes now correctly unlock the ability to craft those items.
- Thrown Weapons: The following weapons now deal the correct damage types, and they are properly enhanced by the Demolition Expert Perk Card.:
- Cryogenic Grenade
- Cryo Mine
- Floater Grenades
- Plasma Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
- War Glaive: Added Copper to the War Glaive’s crafting requirements and removed the Plasma Core requirement.
- Carnivore: The following items now count as meat when affected by the Carnivore Mutation:
- Canned Dog Food
- Deathclaw Eggs and Omelettes
- Frog Eggs
- Imitation Seafood
- Mirelurk Eggs and Omelettes
- Mothman Eggs
- Pork n’ Beans
- Radscorpion Eggs and Omelettes
- Radtoad Eggs and Omelettes
- Radtoad Omelettes
- Salisbury Steak (Preserved)
- Yum Yum Deviled Eggs
- Herbivore: The following items now count as plant-based food when affected by the Herbivore Mutation:
- Cajun Rice & Beans
- Firecap Tasty Souffle
- Preserved InstaMash
- Vegetarian Ham
- Animations: Corrected a number of issues that could cause various world NPCs to play incorrect animations or temporarily stop animating.
- Fisher: No longer plays an animation as though he is using a terminal when he is not near one.
- The Overseer: No longer sometimes becomes stuck when heading to the presentation room during “Overseer, Overseen.”
- Whitespring Bots: Sentry Bots and Doorman Protectrons now respond properly when players interact with them.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- Client Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause a client crash when loading into a world.
- Server Performance: Players will no longer receive an error when joining a Daily Op while using furniture.
- Server Stability: Addressed a server crash that could occur when loading into a world.
- Performance: Addressed an issue that could result in a performance drop when viewing the Season Scoreboard.
- Animal Friend: Removed outdated level requirement wording from the Perk Card description.
- Chem Fiend: Now correctly increases the duration of all effects granted by Berry Mentats.
- Nerd Rage: Fixed an issue causing Nerd Rage to grant its damage bonus while above 20% health.
- Wasteland Whisperer: Removed outdated level requirement wording from the Perk Card description.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
- Ally: Thicker than Water: Watoga Underground is now properly instanced.
- Defend: Billings Homestead: Enemies no longer get stuck or spawn in nearby water during Workshop events at Billings Homestead.
- Free Range: Beefed up Brahmin health and resistances during the Free Range event.
- Project Paradise: Friendly creatures that appear after completely filling the habitat troughs now have a consistent max level of 100.
- Scorched Earth: Now correctly grants a 3-star legendary item reward on completion.
- Armor Ace Shooting Gallery: Joining a Daily Op while using the Armor Ace Shooting Gallery no longer causes its sound effects to play continuously.
- Boney Death Tambo: Added unique sound effects to the Boney Death Tambo Skin.
- Communist Bunker: Sound effects no longer continue to play after the door has finished opening or closing.
- Encampment Fence: Corrected the sound effects that play when opening the Encampment Fence Gate.
- Hounds Reclining Sofa Chairs: Now play sound effects when players sit in them.
- Theremin: Now plays one of two different songs, depending on the in-game time of day.
- Map: Bloody Frank’s is now labeled correctly on the Map.
- Scoreboard: On PC, pressing the Spacebar while viewing the Scoreboard in-game no longer incorrectly opens the Challenge Menu.
- Pathing: Fixed a number of objects in the world that players could path through or clip into.
- Pathing: Fixed several locations throughout the world where players could become stuck.
- Hogwarts Legacy – Follow The Butterflies (Side Quest) - 8th February 2023
- Hogwarts Legacy – A Demanding Delivery (Side Quest) - 8th February 2023
- Hogwarts Legacy – How To Unlock ‘Flight’ Broom Location - 8th February 2023