The battle royale that is based on the iconic Final Fantasy VII title has now been given an official release date, alongside the reveal of its opening movie trailer.
Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier is said to combine both battle royale style gameplay with RPG role-playing elements, that the Final Fantasy series is known for. It is also set in the world of Midgar and pits players as a member of Shinra’s finest, SOLDIER.
The game is said to also include other fan favourite characters such as Ifrit, the fire elemental summon, and everyone’s favourite yellow fluffy bird, Chocobo.
In this new reveal trailer we get to see the huge city of Midgar, reminiscent of the original Final Fantasy VII title dating back to 1997. With a remixed track of the main theme from the soundtrack, and of course Cloud Strife who always seems to look menacing riding on top of the train.
We get to witness all of this and many different flashbacks from the 1997 title, which may or may not be considered as spoilers. Before then being told about this current latest entry into the series. That it takes place 30 years before the events of Final Fantasy VII.
Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier will be releasing on iOS and Android on November 17th. The game is also regarded as a free-to-play title. However, there will be in-app purchases available
Now if only they could give Final Fantasy VIII some loving too…
- GAME: Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier
- DEVELOPER: Square Enix
- PUBLISHER: Square Enix
- RELEASE DATE: November 17th, 2021
- PLATFORM: iOS, Android
- GENRE: Battle Royale, RPG
- SOURCE: FFVIITFS
- SEE ALSO:
- Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier – General News
- The Callisto Protocol – All Colony Mission Collectibles - 6th December 2022
- The Callisto Protocol – All Tower Mission Collectibles - 6th December 2022
- The Callisto Protocol – How To Find The UJC Special Ops (Tactical Pistol) Schematic - 5th December 2022