The award winning Action Platform series is now getting a physical edition complete with bonus extras.
Ori and the Blind Forest is the first title in this amazing and spectacular series. The game was first released back in March 2015 for the PC and XBox One, before later being released on the Switch in 2019
Just like it’s predecessor, Ori and the Will of the Wisps also got released on the XBox One and PC before making it’s way digitally to the Nintendo Switch back in September of this year
ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST:
The forest of Nibel is dying. After a powerful storm sets a series of devastating events in motion, an unlikely hero must journey to find his courage and confront a dark nemesis to save his home. “Ori and the Blind Forest” tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, through a visually stunning action-platformer crafted by Moon Studios for PC. Featuring hand-painted artwork, meticulously animated character performance, and a fully orchestrated score, “Ori and the Blind Forest” explores a deeply emotional story about love and sacrifice, and the hope that exists in us all.
ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS:
Play the critically acclaimed masterpiece
From the creators of Ori and the Blind Forest comes the highly-anticipated sequel, Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter towering enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to discover Ori’s true destiny.
Immerse yourself in a hand-crafted narrative experience with deeply emotional storytelling, strikingly beautiful environments, and a stunning soundtrack.
Master new skills to guide Ori through a journey of untold danger using newly acquired spirit weapons, spells, and attacks. Utilize an all-new shard system to power-up Ori’s newfound abilities.
Face larger-than-life bosses and seek help from an expansive cast of new characters who will help you uncover Ori’s mysterious fate.
Race to the top of the leaderboards in the all-new Spirit Trials mode where players dash, burrow, grapple, and leap to high scores in unique speed-run challenges throughout the game.
As for the actual physical editions themselves there is a total of 2 different versions that will soon be available to play and purchase, including the Definitive Edition and the rather nice and stylish looking Collector’s Edition too.
- Ori and the Blind Forest / Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Digital Soundtrack
- 6 Art Card Set Per Game
- PRICE: £39.99
- DUE TO RELEASE: December 12th 2020
(Available via your local games’ retailer!)
- Premium “Transforming” Display Box with Glow-in-the-Dark Finish
- Majestic Stained Glass style Art Piece
- “The Flora & Fauna of Ori” Field Guide
- Sketchbook Zine, featuring rarely seen production art
- Collectible Art Card Set
- Hard Enamel, Glow-in-the-Dark Pin
- Digital Download Cards for Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps soundtracks by composer Gareth Coker
- Physical Editions of Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Ori and the Blind Forest, featuring Exclusive, Reversible Cover Art (Region Free – Worldwide Compatibility)
- PRICE: $149.99
- DUE TO RELEASE: December 2020
(Available from Iam8bit)
- GAME: Ori and the Blind Forest / Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- DEVELOPER: Moon Studios
RELEASE DATE: December 2020
- PLATFORM: Nintendo Switch, XBox One, PC
GENRE: Action Platformer
SOURCE: OriTheGame, Iam8bit
- SEE ALSO:
- Ori and the Blind Forest – General News
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps – General News