A new patch update has arrived to (PUBG) PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Patch Update 12.2 is said to feature the new 8×8 map, Taego. This latest map is said to be available for Solo and Squad Modes as well as Custom Matches.
The map is also said to feature diverse terrain and environments, with numerous towns and compounds.
You can read the patch notes below..
New Map: Taego
- Taego is available as the Featured Map.
- Playable in TPP and FPP.
- Solo and Squads, including 1-man Squad Modes are available.
- Duos are not available.
- Depending on your region, available modes and perspectives will vary.
- Up to 100 players.
- Bots can spawn.
- Clear weather.
- No Red Zone.
- Wildlife: Two friendly bird varieties reside throughout Taego, reacting to player movement and gunfire.
- Taego is available in Custom Matches.
- Sandbox Mode is available for PUBG Partners.
Comeback BR is a Taego exclusive second-chance mechanic allowing players who die during the first Blue Zone phase the chance to drop back into the fight later in the match.
Players who die during the first Blue Zone phase battle it out in the Comeback Arena, a location separate from the main Taego Battleground. Survivors who remain alive long enough in the Comeback Arena are transported by helicopter back to the Taego mainland in phase 3 to resume their fight for the Chicken Dinner.
- Comeback BR is exclusive to Taego Squad matches.
- Players who die before the first Blue Zone phase ends are eligible and see a timer indicating when Comeback BR begins.
- All eligible participants are sent simultaneously to the Comeback Arena, separate from the main fight, and must find loot and items to stay alive, competing against other survivors.
- There are no bots or knockdowns in Comeback BR.
- Survive the timer indicated while fighting in the Comeback Arena, and you’ll be transported back to the Taego mainland via helicopter with all your items and gear to continue your fight for the Chicken Dinner.
- While health and boost levels are reset upon returning to the fight, your kills and stats are still recorded.
Similar to Comeback BR, the Self AED is another Taego exclusive second-chance mechanic, giving players another opportunity to stay in the fight. The Self AED is a world-loot item that allows players to revive themselves when DBNO, without the need of a teammate, and can be used in Solo and Squad matches.
- Press the interact button or click the Self AED in your inventory to activate the self-revive.
- Cannot be canceled once started.
- Cannot be used while already being revived by another teammate.
- Squads: The Self AED can be used even if your entire Squad is DBNO, as a teammate holding the Self AED prevents your Squad from being immediately eliminated.
- This gives you chance to self-revive and then revive your teammates.
- If the whole Squad remains DBNO, you will be eliminated once all players with a Self AED are killed.
- Solo: Having a Self AED allows you to enter DBNO instead of being instantly killed.
- Self AED uses are recorded as revives in your stats.
Introducing the K2; a world-spawn 5.56mm caliber AR popularized in the 80s and 90s era of which Taego is born. Firing in single, burst, or full-auto for combat versatility. Only available on Taego in Normal and Custom Matches.
|Effective Fire Range||500|
|Fire Rane||Single, Burst, Full-Auto|
|Muzzle Volicity||880 m/s|
|Optical Attachments||Up to 6x|
|Rate Of Fire (Delay Between Shots)||700 RPM|
|Lower Rail Attachments||N/A|
|Magazine Attachments||All of AR Mags|
|Muzzle Attachments||All of AR Muzzles|
The Mk12 is a new hard-hitting, high-velocity 5.56mm caliber DMR exclusive to Taego, found as world-loot across the map in Normal and Custom Matches.
|Effective Fire Range||400|
|Feed System||2-/30 STANAG|
|Muzzle Velocity||930 m/s|
|Optical Attachments||Up to 15x|
|Lower rail Attachments||all lower rail grips|
|Magazine Attachments||all of AR/SR mags|
|Muzzle Attachments||all of AR/SR muzzles|
The Pony Coupe vehicle is also included within this update, as well as item spawn increases and performance improvements.
You can read the rest here
You can view the new trailer for this update below..