Recompile is a new and upcoming Metroidvania-inspired hacking adventure where players will witness the birth of sapient AI
Featuring intense combat, tight platforming, environmental hacking and a unique branching narrative all in a unique 3D platforming world
Delve into the ancient, sprawling ruins of the Mainframe and discover a range of traversal abilities to help you on your journey towards attaining true sapience.
Recompile aims to be the first ever Metroidvania-style game to include multiple, highly dynamic critical paths. Your play style and choices matter, weaving together a narrative unique to you as the true nature of the mysterious virtual world is revealed.
The untimely fall of the Seven Suns lead to a millenia of neglect, gradually transforming the Mainframe’s vast repository of code into a race of half-sentient, half-deterministic subroutines. They exist in a state of flux, as if trapped by their programming in a kind of twisted digital purgatory.
You, The Program, must decide on whether to help or hinder the denizens of the Mainframe. The inhabitants are strange and diverse, and many are found to be inherently hostile. A full complement of powerful weapons and abilities are available to help you survive, defend and destroy.
Recompile is said to of been inspired by other iconic titles including; Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Rime
You can watch the new Recompile gameplay trailer below, thanks to GameSpot Trailers
- GAME: Recompile
- DEVELOPER: Phigames
- PUBLISHER: Dear Villagers
- RELEASE DATE: August, 2021
- PLATFORM: PS5, XBox Series X/S, PC
- GENRE: Adventure, Metroidvania
- SOURCE: Steam, GameSpot Trailers
- SEE ALSO:
- Recompile – General News
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Weapon Locations (Full Arsenal) - 4th February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 9 – Dead On Arrival) - 3rd February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 8 – Search And Rescue) - 3rd February 2023