SpellForce III Reforced otherwise known as SpellForce 3 Reforced is an upgraded and updated version of the 2017 classic that was originally released back on the PC.
The events of the game take place in the year 518 where the rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
SpellForce 3 – The perfect blend between RTS and RPG!
In times like these people cling to any sign of hope they can find. The Purity of Light, led by a charismatic man called Rondar Lacaine, claims that mages are the source of all misfortune – and that only the second coming of Aonir, the father of all gods, will return Eo to its former splendor.
The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.
- Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world – Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make new friends – assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes – Compete against each other in the PvP and Domination mode or play cooperative either together on one faction or classic where everybody plays a faction.
The original title was met with both mixed and mostly positive reviews over on Steam, with most of the complaints being about the various broken quests and lack of map markers. However, for the most part the game was well received.
Those who own the original title on the PC will be able to upgrade to the game for free once it releases. As this is the first time the game will be releasing on console, this will obviously not apply to you.
For those on console who may be wondering about the games various expansion packs which are already available on the PC, then you can get both ‘Soul Harvest’ and ‘Fallen God’ as part of the ‘Complete Edition’ version of the game which will be available for £54.99. However, for those on the XBox One and XBox Series X/S you can save £11 and get the ‘Complete Edition’ for £43.99 (Offer ends October 18th)