This substory / side quest can be found whilst exploring Isezaki Iljincho, Commercial District
It involves meeting up with a homeless man who seems to of formed a friendship with a young kid.
- LOCATION: Isezaki Iljincho, Commercial District
- QUEST GIVER: Old Man (Jinnai)
- CHAPTER: Chapter 4 – The Dragon Of Yokohama
- SUBSTORY NUMBER: 6
- When you explore the Commercial District you should come across an old man and a kid, go ahead and listen to them. Turns out the old man is homeless and wants to give the kid a belated birthday present
- Once the kid leaves go ahead and speak to the Old Man, he will introduce himself as Jinnai
- After the conversation, you will find Jinnai at E Central St, go ahead and speak to him once again.
- Jinnai is busy contemplating on what type of gift the young boy would like, and with this you will be given a set of dialogue choices. Though the other options are rather tempting, you are best off going with the Handmade Goods option instead. Choosing the Handmade Goods option will increase your Kindness Personality Stat by 10
- Both Jinnai and Ichiban will agree on making a bookshelf, however you will need the required tools first.
- It does not matter which order you do this in. However, you can find some wood over at Hustle Boutique
- Once you arrive you should see some people practising Karate, speak to them in order to trigger a fight. They should not be too difficult.
- After the fight you should now have the required boards, that means only the nails are needed!
- You can find the nails by going to Central St
- Go ahead and speak to the thugs who seem to be bullying a man in a suit. This will eventually trigger a fight against them. They seem to be weak to melee attacks to use that to your advantage!
- With both the nails and wood in hand we can now return back to Jinnai who will be back where you originally met him, Sakura River St
- The team will now help create the Bookshelf
- After the boy gets his Bookshelf, Jinnai will thank you but we are not yet done.
- In fact if you head to E Central St you should find the Bookshelf in amongst the trash, to make matters worse Jinnai will arrive and notice this and start blaming it all on himself.
- Your last objective for this substory is to once again return to Sakura River St. Here a rather long scene will play out and you will have to fight the boy’s father.
- After taking care of Kato and finding out that he has forgotten all about Shota’s birthday, the substory will end you will be rewarded with a Sacrifice Stone
- 3,000 Yen
- 275 Experience
- 250 Job Experience
- 3,000 Yen
- 165 Experience
- 150 Job Experience
- x1 Smooth Hide
- x2 Thick Hides
- x1 Rough Hide
- x1 High-Purity Lead
- x1 Nail
- 5,000 Yen
- 55 Experience
- 50 Job Experience
- x1 Refined Iron
- x1 Sturdy Iron
- Sacrifice Stone
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS
- Yakuza: Like A Dragon – Guides Playlist (Written)
- Yakuza: Like A Dragon – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- Yakuza: Like A Dragon – Game Review
- Disney Dreamlight Valley – Hangin’ With Mickey (Mickey Friendship Quest) Guide - 25th September 2022
- Disney Dreamlight Valley – Foodception (Mickey Friendship Quest) Guide - 22nd September 2022
- Return To Monkey Island – Hey Wait! (Freed Otis) Trophy Achievement Guide - 21st September 2022