As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Baldur’s Gate 3 also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is Rescue The Trapped Man which is available whilst exploring the The Risen Road, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1.
It will involve rescuing the man Benryn, who will then want to find his wife Miri
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: The Risen Road
- QUEST GIVER: N/A In order to trigger this one you will need to investigate the Village (x: -63 y: 587)
- This area can unlock 2 different side quests, one of which is this one ‘Rescue The Trapped Man’ whilst the other one is ‘Rescue The Grand Duke’
- Anyway head to The Risen Road and to the coordinates (x: -63 y: 587)
- You should now see a huge fire and a team of warriors trying to break down a door, whilst also complaining about the Duke being trapped inside. Help these warriors break down the door and get inside. The side quest ‘Rescue The Grand Duke’ will now activate
- Follow everyone up the stairs
- Whilst on the second floor, go ahead and examine the first door that you come across
- You should now be able to see a poor trapped man under some rubble. Help him. His name is Benryn
- You can now either kill him or escort him out of the burning building.
- Unfortunately though the fire is getting worse and thus at this point you may end up being trapped in this room. That is if you haven’t got a Water type ability to vanquish this Fire of course!
- Head back down the stairs and back to the door that you went through to get inside. Basically retrace your steps and get out of the Fire altogether
- Hopefully Benryn managed to escape with you and if so, go ahead and talk to him.
- You will now learn about Miri, his wife. We now have to go and look for her. So leave the village altogether
- Outside the village head left to the waypoint, then to the right there should be a set of stone platforms that you can climb. (x: -79 y: 580)
- After climbing up the first stone platform, head right and along this rather narrow section past the tree
- You will need to Jump in order to get through the doorway here
- Head on up the stairs in order to discover the fate of his poor wife, Mirileth
- Hopefully you have the ability to Talk To The Dead, if so great go ahead and use it in order to learn a bit more of who she is. Mirileth Farmer, and also to find out about a dowry in the barn (If however, you do not have the ability to talk to the dead then be sure to grab the Amulet of Lost Voices
- We now need to get to the Barn, so return back to the area where you left poor Benryn
- Then dowse the fire to the North West of the water feature
- This will take you to the Barn.
- If you inspect the Haystack here you should end up finding a Gilded Chest
- Inside the Gilded Chest will be a Dowry Ring
- Report back to Benryn. He will want to go and see Miri for himself. If this next section bugs out for some reason, you can always go and throw Miri’s body at Benryn in order to convince the guy. Quest end.
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
+ Free The Trapped Man –
We found a man trapped under a beam in Waukeen’s Rest
+ Get Benryn To Safety –
We freed Benryn and promised to guide him out of the tavern
+ Find Miri –
Benryn is searching for his wife Miri. She has brown hair and was wearing a green blouse
+ Tell Benryn Where Miri Is –
We found a dead woman who matches Miri’s description
+ Find The Dowry –
Miri told us about her sister’s dowry, which she hid before the fire started. It’s in a barn somewhere near the Tavern
+ Return To Benryn –
The dowry turned out to be a ring, it’s probably worth a tidy sum. Benryn will want it back.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: