As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Baldur’s Gate 3 also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is Explore The Ruins which is available whilst exploring the Ravaged Beach, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1.
It will involve exploring the ruins and meeting up with a Hooded Skeleton
(NOTE: If you are looking for the Daughter of Darkness quest go here)
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: Ravaged Beach
- QUEST GIVER: Shadowheart
- This particular side quest should pop when you first recruit the companion character, Shadowheart. This occurs whilst on the Ravaged Beach
- The entrance to the ruins should actually be marked on the map, a little North of the region
- As you get closer to the Ruins you will encounter a scene. You can actually avoid the battle by selecting the (PERSUASION) – That ship is full of monsters. I wouldn’t go near it and win the die roll. You will also gain Gale – Approves and Shadowheart – Approves
- Head down the small flight of steps to the ornate door for yet another scene.
- The scene will most likely turn into a battle, regardless though we need to be through that door
- We will now be in the Bedchamber.
- Here look for a door with a lever next to it and activate it in order to open the door.
- In here you will now want to head through the North East door, which will be locked and thus will either require you to attack it until it breaks or use a lockpick. We can now proceed to the Dank Crypt
- Head into the room on the right to find a Sarcophagus in the middle of the room. Now tell your party to stay by the door (you can do this by pulling the character portraits at the bottom left apart, then rejoin them to make them follow you again), however for now keep them apart as only one character needs to do this next part and it will make things easier
- Go ahead and inspect the obviously noticeable Sarcophagus in order to obtain a Engraved key but in going so, we have now triggered a trap.
- As soon as you inspect the Sarcophagus the floor will magically turn into a surface full of greasy oil, making navigation a right pain, as well as that fire will start shooting out from the sides too
- Now you will want to leave this room, carefully. It is best to walk, though having said that your characters will more than likely still slip
- Heading out of this room via the way we actually came in, keep in mind that the Sarcophagus room was on the right side of the room, now we want to enter the room on the left side of the room. The room opposite the Sarcophagus. This is what the key we just picked up is for
- You should now be in a room with a statue of Jergal, scribe of the dead.
- Head up the small flight of steps to the left of this statue in order to find a secret hidden arch with a button next to it, this is in fact a secret hidden doorway. Several of the undead will now pop out and say hello, deal with them
- Once they have been dealt with, head inside the once secret arch doorway and inspect the Sarcophagus to the left of the entrance
- In doing so a scene will then play and another undead (Hooded Skeleton) will appear out of the coffin
- Whilst in this room if you inspect the crates and such you should be able to find a Amulet of Lost Voices (this is actually quite useful as it allows you to speak to the dead) Very useful for the rest of the game. Do not miss it!)
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
+ Find A Way Into The Ruins –
Shadowheart was trying to get into a building to look for supplies. We should see if there’s anything useful in there
We met some bandits near some ruins. They’ve been trying to break into a crypt – with no success. Whatever they’re after is probably still inside.
+ Investigate The Ruins –
The strange door led deeper into the ruins. There’s bound to be some interesting artefacts down here.
We found a locked door, but it doesn’t have a keyhole. There’s got to be something interesting behind it
We found a way into the abandoned ruins
+ Talk To The Hooded Figure –
A strange hooded figure emerged from one of the sarcophagi we opened. Seems like it has something to say.
The hooded figure said he would meet us again soon. He was probably the ruins’ greatest secret, but there’s no harm in checking for more valuables.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: