As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Baldur’s Gate 3 also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is Daughter Of Darkness which is available when you recruit Shadowheart, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1. This side quest is also a companion quest for the character Shadowheart.
It will involve finding out about Shadowheart’s true identity and her religion
EARLY ACCESS GUIDE
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: Ravaged Beach
- QUEST GIVER: Shadowheart
- You will notice and be able to recruit Shadowheart as soon as the prologue ends and you find yourself at the Ravaged Beach. After realising that you too are infected she decides to join you in your search for a Healer. The Daughter of Darkness side quest will now activate, another side quest Explore The Ruins may have also popped at this point too
- Continue to journey alongside Shadowheart and head to the Blighted Village, here there should be a windmill and near this windmill there should be a broken statue. If you go near this statue Shadowheart should start getting agitated.
- Go ahead and speak to Shadowheart (you may need to head to the camp for this bit) Upon talking to her, you will notice that she seems to be uncomfortable about something. Something’s wrong. I feel..I feel..
- You will now need to start searching for various Selune statues, you can actually find one whilst exploring the Forest and in particular the Owlbear Nest. Shadowheart will start commenting about Selune
- If you speak to Shadowheart again after this, you should then find out that she really isn’t a fan of Selune and regards it as a bad omen. Pick whichever option you want depending on your play style, however choosing the option (PERSUASION) – You can trust me. I want to know what’s concerning you and winning the die roll will let you know more about Shadowheart and that she worships Shar (If this doesn’t trigger then you may need to travel to the Goblin Camp – Shattered Sanctum)
- You will now need to complete the Save Druid Halsin side quest and rescue the refugees
- After doing those specific quests, you will learn of a group of Shar worshippers in the Underdark
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: