One of these side quests is Rescue The Grand Duke which is available whilst exploring the The Risen Road, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1 however, it cannot be finished until much later
It will involve the Grand Duke of Baldur’s Gate being trapped in a burning down inn
(NOTE: You can also get another quest here, Rescue The Trapped Man)
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: The Risen Road
- QUEST GIVER: N/A In order to trigger this one you will need to investigate the Waukeen’s Rest Inn (x:-63 y:587)
- In order to be able to trigger this specific side quest you will need to go and inspect the Waukeen’s Rest Inn which should be burning, with fire everywhere. The Inn can be found at The Risen Road (x:-63 y:587)
- When you inspect the burning entrance a scene will occur and you will be told of the Grand Duke possibly being stuck inside
- As you will need to gain access to the inside you will need to try and use your skill of conversation in order to do so, remember to always save before starting a quest! It is up to you how you wish to get inside, as the important part isn’t exactly the ‘how’ it’s more the ‘doing’.
- Once inside. Proceed to follow everyone up the stairs.
- When you have rejoined the others on the second floor corner, you will now need to use the Jump ability in order to jump from your current position and through the nearby wall here and onto the other side and into the room with the various beds (which is actually the Waukeen’s Rest Inn itself)
- Use the nearby Oak Door which will be locked and you should hear a voice on the other side of the door saying that they are trapped
- We now obviously need to get the door open. If you end up failing the die roll then remember you can always use a trusty sword or something of the sort against the door, or perhaps even lockpick it.
- Once the door has been successfully opened, you can now go and speak to the rather exhausted and relieved, Counselior Florrick
- Counselior Florrick will now tell you that a group of drow have taken the Grand Duke and are no longer here.
- Proceed to your camp in order for the journal to update
- Sadly for now this is where the quest ends. Simply put as I write this the game is currently in it’s Early Access phase and due to this the rest of this quest currently remains in-complete. For now we shall have to wait in order to discover the fate of the poor Grand Duke.
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
+ Find A Way Into Waukeen’s Rest –
We approached a burning inn called Waukeen’s Rest. Flaming Fists are trying to break down the door – a Grand Duke of Baldur’s Gate is trapped inside
+ Search For Survivors –
We found a survivor trapped behind a locked door.
We managed to get inside. We need to find the Grand Duke and fast
+ Learn What Happened To The Grand Duke –
We didn’t rescue anyone from the inn. But we should still keep an eye out for the Grand Duke – he’d make a powerful ally.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: