As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Baldur’s Gate 3 also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is Rescue Volo which is available whilst exploring the Goblin Camp, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1.
It will involve you witnessing Volo being forced to perform in the middle of the street.
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: Goblin Camp
- QUEST GIVER: Volo (x: -109 y: 434)
- In order to trigger this one you will need to gain access to the Goblin Camp, which can be done either through normal casual exploration or completing the Save Goblin Sazza Side Quest
- Volo will be the guy doing some rather terrible acts in the middle of the street, turns out though as you speak to him, he is unfortunately being forced to perform these acts by a nearby goblin. Cruel (Me – Disapprove ha!)
- After the scene the goblin will force poor Volo to follow her, at this point you should follow them both and lets go and see where they are headed shall we?
- They will end up inside the nearby building which is being sort of guarded by a giant ogre creature
- You will now be inside the Shattered Sanctum. You will find poor Volo through the doorway at coordinates x: 330 y: -11
- Here Volo will be trapped in a cage that is being guarded by the same goblin from before, Gribbo.
- Speak to Gribbo. Choose whichever dialogue option you want depending on your play style. However, if you choose the option (ILLITHID) (WISDOM) Set him free and win the die roll Gribbo will simply hand you the key to the cage and walk off
- You can now use the key on the cage in order to free Volo
- Tell Volo to go ahead and meet you back at the camp, I mean after all it isn’t exactly safe here is it?
- Once back at camp you can once again talk to Volo, who is thankful that you managed to save him. You can also talk to him about the parasite in your head too if you want. Quest End.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: