As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Genshin Impact also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is Cooking Showdown which is available whilst exploring the Springvale, Mondstadt
It will involve the final showdown between both Brook and Xiangling
- LOCATION: Springvale, Mondstadt
- TYPE: Story Quest
- QUEST GIVER: Xiangling
- PREREQUISITE: Complete Present From The Past
- RECOMMENDED LEVEL:
- In order to trigger this side quest you will need to of completed Present From The Past. Then head to Springvale, Mondstadt and speak to Draff, Olaf and Xiangling
- Head up the nearby steps which should lead to Brook and the others. The steps can be located to the North West of where you are. (If you bring up your map, it will be the small brown box to the South West of the area and the other brown boxes, which are obviously buildings)
- After speaking with them all, then speaking to Xiangling you will now be tasked with having to dress up the food. This will start with having to wash the Radish.
- Simply head to the nearby water and wash the Radish. Slimes will then pop in an attempt to surprise you
- Return the now washed Radish to Xiangling
- The nearby pan will now catch fire and thus we will of course be tasked with extinguishing it. Do so with any abilities that you may have, though water is apparently not advised for this, so ice or wind perhaps?
- After sorting out the rather bizarre fire, once again speak to Xiangling. We now need to cook a Chicken-Mushroom Skewer
- In order to make a Chicken-Mushroom Skewer we will need the following ingredients (Mushroom and Poultry), thankfully the recipe is already available to us. Mushrooms can be found within grassy areas, whereas Poultry can be got from killing wild Birds and completing various expeditions. You can use the nearby pans in order to cook the food
- After cooking a Chicken-Mushroom Skewer, give it to Xiangling
- We now need to find suitable ingredients. You can find Frogs by the waterfront. Though, Lizard Tails also counts towards this too, if you have any
- Return the ingredients to Xiangling
- You will now receive the recipe for Jade Parcels, alongside the ingredients too. Though, if you are still stuck on getting the ingredients you can check out the page here
- I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO SAVE HERE! The reason for this is because in order to cook the Jade Parcels you will be given a timing mechanic, if you fail this mechanic then you will loose the ingredients!!
- In order to cook a perfect dish you will need to get the marker exactly on the orange square. Again it is all time and error and this is why I told you to SAVE!
- Give the Perfect Jade Parcels to Xiangling
- Then speak to Draff who will announce the winner of the cook-off!
- Then return to Xiangling in order to end the quest
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
After obtaining the rare ingredients, Xiangling is finally ready for the cook-off. The showdown between the two head chefs is about to begin.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: