The The Damaged Map is one of the many different side quests that you can find and complete within NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 Remake 2021
There is a total of 70 different side quests in total and they can be found in various different regions as well as sections of the game.
The The Damaged Map side quest involves tracking down treasure
- SIDE QUEST: The Damaged Map
- REGION: Village
- STORY SECTION: Second Section
- CLIENT: Blacksmith
- REWARDS: Labyrinth’s Shout
- REQUIREMENTS: Kaine is no longer petrified. Speak to Popola to activate the Ferry
- Speak to the Blacksmith in the village to start this one
- The Blacksmith will mention a treasure map and that as a hobby he enjoys collecting them. As a collector he wants more maps and that is where we come in!
- Okay now to head for the Library
- At the Library head to the second floor and examine the shelves here for a Dirty Treasure Map
- Our next destination is in Facade and more specifically the Strange-Thing Shopkeeper
- Apparently the damaged book can be fixed but we need to get the correct materials first. We now need x3 Drops Of Machine Oil, x3 Eggplants and x3 Goat Hides
- GOAT HIDE – These can be got from the Goats over in Eastern Road
- EGGPLANTS – This can be bought from the Grocer in the village for 320G
- MACHINE OIL – This is a rare drop from the Flying Robots over in the Junk Heap dungeon
- After getting all of the required materials go ahead and return back to the Strange-Thing Shopkeeper in Facade, they will now fix the damaged book
- Return to the village and speak to the treasure map enthusiast’s wife, seems she is worried if he goes on another treasure hunt. Thus we will get the treasure map and try to track down the treasure ourselves
- Lets go pay Popola a visit and see if she can decipher the treasure map for us. It seems it is a map of the Lost Shrine
- We now have some hints as to where the treasure is actually located. It is in the Lost Shrine and in a place where sunlight does not reach
- Okay lets head to the 2F Lost Shrine and to the North West section of the floor you will find Pile of Junk
- Well that is a shame, anyway report back to the man’s wife.
- The wife doesn’t want to upset her husband and thus comes up with the idea of pretending that the treasure map lead to something amazing!
- We will now receive the Jade Hair Ornament
- Return back to the Strange-Thing Shopkeeper in Facade
- We now receive the Old Gold Coin
- The treasure map enthusiast should now be back, so lets go see him back at the village
- We will finally get the Marked Map
- Now that we have a new map lets go and see what Popola thinks about it shall we?
- This time we have a map for the Northern Plains and an iron bridge
- Lets head to the Northern Plains now and you can find the iron bridge near the entrance to Forest of Myth
- You can now find the Labyrinth’s Shout under the iron bridge. This is one of the strongest weapons within the game, it is also part of a set. The other weapons include the Labyrinth’s Shout, Labyrinth’s Song and Labyrinth’s Whisper