The The Strange Fate Of The Jewel is one of the many different side quests that you can find and complete within NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 Remake 2021
There is a total of 70 different side quests in total and they can be found in various different regions as well as sections of the game.
The The Strange Fate Of The Jewel side quest involves finding the Mermaid Tear
- SIDE QUEST: The Strange Fate Of The Jewel
- REGION: Seafront
- STORY SECTION: Second Section
- CLIENT: Resident
- 10000 Gold (If you choose to give the Mermaid Tear to the client or sell it)
- You receive nothing if you bury the Mermaid Tear
- REQUIREMENTS: Received Emil’s letter from Popola
- Speak to the woman with a reddish orange cover around her shoulder, you will find her at the Seafront port
- Turns out she is a jeweler by trade and she wants a particular gem known as the Mermaid Tear
- Head to the Eastern section of Seafront to find a couple of residents sitting by the water fountain, speak to them. They will mention the old lighthouse
- Head inside the actual lighthouse and inspect the barrels on the ground floor to find a bunch of letters
- After the dialogue, head inside the Post Office
- The Postman will mention that he doesn’t really know much about the package sent to the lighthouse lady, thus we now need to inspect the storage room in the back
- Turns out the man wishing to give the parcel to the lighthouse lady died of an illness. We will now receive the Mermaid Tear
- Speak to the Postman and you will now be given the choice to either bury the jewel in memory of the woman, give the Mermaid Tear to the client or sell it the choice is yours to make at this point.
- However, if you are curious as to the rewards that you may receive then basically you will get 10000 Gold if you sell the Mermaid Tear and likewise if you give it to the client, you will receive nothing if you opt to bury it. Still even if you bury it I think it is a nice incentive regardless ha!