One of the optional activities that players can find and complete are the side quests (or in this case sub-quests), these are usually scattered all throughout the game. They are also marked with a ‘letter symbol’ above the NPC.
Sub-quests become available as soon as you arrive to the town of Ulzebek
For completing 70 sub-quests you will be rewarded with the Rebellious Spark and Problem Solver trophy achievement
For the purpose of this specific page we will be focusing on the sub-quest Forging From Scratch, which involves learning about crafting and using the blacksmith
- QUEST NAME: Forging From Scratch
- MAIN STORY OBJECTIVE: Bound and Determined
- LOCATION: Ulzabek
- QUEST GIVER: Dyron
- REWARDS: 500 Gald, 165 SP
- This sub-quest is actually unmissable as it is part of the main story. It will require us to go and visit the blacksmith.
- So let us head to the inn in order to find this blacksmith
- We will now get a tutorial on weapon crafting.
- Simply purchase a weapon that you have the materials for, which in this case should be the Long Sword
- The sub-quest will then end.
With the final confrontation with Balseph drawing near, Dyron has expressed concerns about whether Alphen’s sword is up to the task. A blacksmith is said to be working at the inn. Talk to him and see what he can do to help out