A Fool and Her Treasure is one of the many side quests that you can complete within Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
It involves searching for hidden treasure. It can be found and completed during Chapter 8 – Thus Spoke The Alchemist
- CLIENT: Saradhi
- DEADLINE: Short
- PRIORITY: 2/3 (2 Stars)
- REWARD: Gorgon Gloves, Genius Green
- LOCATION: Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- CHAPTER: Chapter 8 – Thus Spoke The Alchemist
- In order to begin this quest you will need to inspect the Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- From there head to the Prison Outskirts, here you should be able to notice Saradhi. Choose to Ask Her About The Quest
- Seems like Saradhi has managed to track down some treasure behind a hidden fake wall, hmm. Lets go and investigate!
- As mentioned (if you are reading the dialogue), the place is covered in traps and hidden floors. So be careful ha!
- Anyway, so yes we will now be in a dungeon in search of treasure!
- Start off by heading down the stairs, then in the next room head left in order to find your first set of traps
- The trap should be easy enough to avoid, simply wait until the arrows have been fired and then quickly head to the other side
- At the other side you should notice a lever, this is for the nearby gate. So go ahead and activate it. We can now proceed.
- In the next area if you head North you should notice a large room with a Treasure Chest (Light Shell x2), other than that there is not much else in here. So head back.
- Now this other path contains of trapped floors, thankfully unlike previous side quests we do not have to redo the area all over again. However, just be warned that they are indeed there.
- After proceeding down the next set of stairs, you will once again find yourself in a rather large room. This time with paths leading to the North West, South West and East. Take the path to the South West first
- Here you should be able to find a Treasure Chest (Armored Shell x2) and a lever, which you should probably activate
- Okay moving on, the path on the North West will be uncovered, it basically leads to where you just were. However, the path to the East will reveal the spike throwing trap once again that you came across earlier.
- The East path will also lead you to a Treasure Chest (Sturdy Shell x2)
- With the Northern area also unlocked we can once again progress.. HOWEVER, be careful of the red eyed lasers as you do indeed press on
- A scene will then occur, looks like we have managed to find the treasure JACKPOT!
- Unfortunately though, it seems that our luck is not quite with us as a bunch of Lemures appear ready to turn us into lunch.
- After dealing with them the side quest will then end.
- I’ve finally pinned down that hidden cache I’ve been looking for. And about time too!
- What do you say we go on a little treasure hunt for it? That catch your interest?
Meet me behind the collapsed building in the prison outskirts