Life By The Sword is one of the many side quests that you can complete within Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
It involves hunting down a specific item for our lovely furry friend. It can be found and completed during Chapter 9 – Final Chapter
LIFE BY THE SWORD – SIDE QUEST
- CLIENT: Xavier
- DEADLINE: Short
- PRIORITY: 3/3 (3 Stars)
- REWARD: Holy Sword’s Hilt
- LOCATION: Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- CHAPTER: Chapter 9 – Final Chapter
- You can get this side quest after completing Belger’s Request (story related) and then heading to the Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- You can then proceed to Keening Highlands where you will meet up with our furry friend, Xavier.
- Xavier will want you to travel to the Ancient Battlefield, however this will require you to defeat the nearby Miasma Vortex (if not already done so). So go ahead and do that in order to progress, it is a Level 69 Vortex
- After dealing with the Miasma Vortex you can then once again speak to Xavier. Turns out he is looking for the Holy Sword which is supposedly at the Ancient Battlefield
- Okay start off by following the path into the Ancient Battlefield, as normal, yet another scene will eventually play out
- After the scene it will be time for a bit of platforming, as expected the mud will indeed slow you down but you can still wiggle through it and we are going to need to.
- Your goal is to simply head North, through the mud. Yeah, we are going to need a shower after this.
- Keep heading in a more North West direction through the sticky yuck yuck until you reach a damaged bridge. This is what you can use in order to get to the platform above and out of the mud, at long last…
- Okay, that was the hardest part of the quest now over with ha! Well most of it anyway, we still have some platforming to do
- As you continue along the path you should come across some pillars that you can jump to, do so.
- Okay after successfully jumping the various pillars, we should now finally arrive at our destination
- During the following scene a bunch of Lemures should pop but don’t worry they should not be that difficult.
- After dealing with the Lemures, we can now explore the back of the Tower. Also, yes the game still remains dark and eerie as if still in combat, it put me off too to begin with. Just ignore it and continue to the back of the Tower.
- Also, whilst in this dark eerie world you cannot smash crates or anything, it is as if the game specifically wants you to check out something and ignore everything else, hmmm..
- Your goal is to head to the green marker and look down from the platform in order to see a platform below you, jump down onto this in order to progress.
- On closer inspection it would seem that this platform below you is actually where the Holy Sword is hiding
- After the next scene the side quest will then end, you should receive the Holy Sword’s Hilt as a reward, this side quest also managed to raise affinity to maximum with Xavier. If your affinity was not raised however, you will probably need to complete the other previous (Prison) side quests with Xavier too. Raising Xavier’s affinity to the maximum raises the Roo’s Blessing Support Skill to the maximum level
I’ve a request for you, sudden as it may seem.
Could I get you to come to the ancient battlefield?
There’s something I need to get ahold of. It’ll no doubt prove worthy to assist you in your plights
I’ll be eagerly awaiting your arrival, Rusty!