There are many optional side quests to find and complete as you explore the world of Edge Of Eternity, many of which can be activated through talking to random NPC characters.
Tough Love is one such optional side quest. It involves trying to destroy a specific sword
- NAME: Tough Love
- TYPE: Side Quest
- STORY OBJECTIVE: Pursuing Selene’s Master
- LOCATION: Herelsor City
- DIFFICULTY: 0/5 Star
- QUEST GIVER: Kerhag
- REWARDS: Dawnbreaker, 130HEYR, 1000XP
- DESCRIPTION: KARHAG THE BLACKSMITH GAVE ME A UNIQUE SWORD, AS WELL AS A PECULIAR MISSION: HE WANTS ME TO TEST IT AGAINST STRONG OPPONENTS, THE INTENT BEHIND THIS GENERAL REQUEST IS TO CHECK HOW LONG THE SWORD’S MAGIC CAN ABIDE IN A REAL COMBAT SITUATION. THE OLD COOT FEARS THAT THE ENCHANTMENT IS A BIT TOO VOLATILE. (NOT AS VOLATILE AS HIS TEMPER, I HOPE.) I MUST FIND A TOUGH ENEMY AND USE THE SWORD AGAINST IT. THE LONGER THE FIGHT, THE BETTER THE CHANCE OF SEEING THE SWORD’S MAGIC DEPLETED. ONCE THIS IS DONE, I SHOULD BRING THE WEAPON – OR WHAT REMAINS OF IT – BACK TO ITS MAKER
- This side quest can be found in Herelsor City near the objective marker (searching for Selene’s Master) and the weapon store
- Here you should notice a Blacksmith and his apprentice having an argument over a sword
- After the short scene go ahead and introduce yourself in order to activate the side quest
- Karhag The Blacksmith will want you to use one of his swords in order to deplete the magic from it, basically destroy it. You will now be given the Arkadian Steel Sword
- Now go ahead and equip the Arkadian Steel Sword, you can also transfer your crystals to it too if you want.
- Now head outside of town and get into a fight, ideally we want to fight something that will take quite a while to defeat. So basically either a large pack of smaller enemies such as the Orokko or one of those larger enemies that tends to walk around solo
- Then make sure that when you initiate the fight that one of your bonus objectives for the fight is a Hit several enemies using the Arkadian Steel Sword objective. Usually this will require you to hit 8/8 enemies in a single fight. If the fight objectives does not feature this then leave and fight something else until you do end up getting this, it may take a bit of grinding but it will pop eventually.
- When you do get the Arkadian Steel Sword fight objective make sure to use Daryn ONLY. Anyone else in your party should just remain on Guard at all times, this way it makes stacking up those hits much easier
- After completing the objective return back to Karhag in order to complete the side quest