One such optional favour is Fafnir’s Hoard, which involves searching for a whetstone
- MAIN STORY OBJECTIVE: Return to the boat (The Light Of Alfheim)
- RECOMMENDED LEVEL: 3
- REWARDS: Rare Talisman (Talisman of Betrayal), 3290XP
- QUEST GIVER: Sindri
- This favour or side quest can be unlocked after having successfully destroyed the hive during The Light Of Alfheim mission.
- After that go ahead and speak to Sindri, you will now learn of a particular whetstone that he wants us to track down.
- Your next destination is the Forgotten Caverns, which is to the North West
- Dock at the next bit of land and you should be at Fafnir’s Storeroom
- Here climb through the gap in the wall and then light the crystal to form a path across. There is also a Mystic Gateway here too
- Anyway continue on and defeat the Reavers that now block your path. From there keep going and you will reach a circular platform with a pedestal in the middle
- Interact with the pedestal in order to create a new walkway, head along this newly created walkway.
- Defeat the enemies here and collect the loot. Unfortunately the whetstone is not here and so we need to keep looking.
- For now the quest simply consists of repeating this last step over and over. So interact with the pedestal once again and head along the next walkway. You will need to do this at least 3 more times.
- Finally after finding out that these other rooms don’t really have much, you will get the last walkway.
- Follow this final walkway up the stairs and you will find the Reaver Spirit
- The Reaver Spirit will mention how he became a spirit and more about his son. Unfortunately the whetstone is not here either, so Kratos decides to take the knife instead so no one goes home empty handed.
- As you try to leave you will be attacked by a bunch of Ogres. Defeat the Ogres and return to Sindri in order to complete the quest
Sindri told us about the dwarf Fafnir who was renowned for his collection of (stolen) treasures. A treasure-filled storeroom sounds like it might be worth a look. Sindri asked us to keep an eye out for a special whetstone from Nilfheim. I just hope nobody got there before us.
We made it into the Storeroom, but all the rooms are locked. Seems like Fafnir was pretty paranoid about people stealing his stuff. Although I guess since WE’RE here to steal his stuff, he had reason to be. Hopefully Sindri’s entry stone will unlock the first room.
When he was alive, the Reaver Spirit we were looking for… and then his son stabbed him in the back and took it! Father took the dagger from his back, and now we’re bringing it back to Sindri. Maybe he’ll be able to use it to find his whetstone
- Head to Fafnir’s Storeroom
- Use entry stone on the pedestal
- Search for the whetstone
- Talk to the Reaver Spirit
- Return to Sindri
- God Of War (2018) – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- God Of War (2018) – Guides Playlist (Written)
- God Of War (2018) – Our Game Review
- The Callisto Protocol – All Colony Mission Collectibles - 6th December 2022
- The Callisto Protocol – All Tower Mission Collectibles - 6th December 2022
- The Callisto Protocol – How To Find The UJC Special Ops (Tactical Pistol) Schematic - 5th December 2022