King’s Bounty II features many quests and these are usually consisting of either main story quests or side quests. With the former being mandatory to continue on with the game. The quests are also usually marked on the map
Anyway this specific page will focus on the Cold Bones (Side Quest)
- QUEST NAME: Cold Bones
- QUEST TYPE: Side Quest
- LOCATION: New Tyrene / Lake Cemetery
- QUEST GIVER: Automatic / Berengarius
- PREREQUISITE: Ruins of New Hope
- NEXT QUEST:
- REWARDS: 558 Gold, 11 Mana, Frostblade I, 60XP
- If you continue to follow the Ruins of New Hope quest marker, you will come across a strange magical orb that speeds up and disappears as soon as you go near it
- Forget the orb for now and instead continue on in order to find a path leading left (to continue the story) and another empty and deserted village
- Head into this village in order to continue with the quest
- Now continue on through this village or as the game calls it, the ruins.
- Then head up the stairs in order to find a pedestal puzzle to the right, here you will need to light the correct statues in the correct order. A solution to which can be found here or in the above video.
- After successfully solving the puzzle, a portal will then appear. Head through it.
- You will now meet Berengarius, a skeleton who seems to be in a bit of a tight spot
- Apparently there is a Dark Spirit that lurks the area and unfortunately it managed to slay poor Berengarius. However, in order to try and weaken the spirit and prevent it from harming anyone else, our skeleton friend decided to place some runes around the area. You have probably seen these runes before already
- There will be a total of 4 runes for you to find and activate altogether, activating them all will allow us to progress..
- The locations to the four runes are all marked on the map with a white bubble
- After successfully activating the four runes go ahead and report back to Berengarius, who is now standing at the top of the stairs
- Okay lets confront this Dark Spirit and end his reign. In order to find this spirit you will need to head down the stairs to the left. We will now be in the Lake Cemetery
- The Dark Spirit will be accompanied by skeletons and ghouls
- For completing the fight you will be rewarded with 58 Gold, 11 Mana, and Frostblade I
- Speak to Berengarius in order to complete the quest
Cold Bones –
- Follow the mysterious shining
- Examine the ruins
- Talk to the Towerkeeper
- Read the protective Rune Mantras 4/4
- Talk to Berengarius
- Destroy the Dark Spirit’s army
- Talk to Berengarius