King’s Bounty II features many quests and these are usually consisting of either main story quests or side quests. With the former being mandatory to continue on with the game. The quests are also usually marked on the map
Anyway this specific page will focus on the The Ruins Of New Hope (Main Story Quest)
- QUEST NAME: The Ruins Of New Hope
- QUEST TYPE: Main Quest
- LOCATION: New Tyrene
- QUEST GIVER: Main Story. Unmissable.
- PREREQUISITE: Leaving The Prison
- NEXT QUEST: The Cold Shoulder
- REWARDS: 50XP
- Now that we have everything we need we can now leave the village. So lets hop on our new horse and off we go!
- Head over the small bridge and we will reach the rather deserted village of New Tyrene
- We will also end up getting ambushed by a pack of hungry wolves. A tutorial on how the combat system works will now present itself
- After the fight you will then be told about the optional side quests, these are not mandatory in order to progress but can offer up several additional rewards should you choose to do them
- Anyway progress on through the empty village and there should be a Witch Stone to the right (this can be used to fast travel)
- Continuing on once again and you will bump into a bunch of Golems, this will also open up new and optional objectives.
OPTION 1 – FIND ROSSUM THE GOLEM MASTER
- We now have the choice to find Rossum who controls these Golems. Doing this option will force us to solve a puzzle, we will also miss out on a Golem summoning scroll. However, the good thing is that we can avoid conflict altogether.
- In order to find Rossum you will need to head right from the Golems, here you will notice a man standing next to a rune
- This rune is actually part of a puzzle, we will need to solve this puzzle in order to make peace with the Golem.
- It is a simple enough puzzle. However, if you are having issues in completing it then you can find the solution to it here or in the video above.
- Once the puzzle has been solved go ahead and speak to Rossum. Speaking to him will force the Golem to stop blocking the path and we can then continue with the story.
OPTION 2 – DESTROY THE PRISON GOLEMS
- Our other option is to just flat out fight and defeat the Golem
- We can do this by simply walking up to them. The fight will instantly trigger once you are ready
- The Golem are not too tough to defeat and once the fight is over you will be able to continue with the story
- Unlike with the other optional path, you will be rewarded with 20 Mana, 300 Gold, and Summon Clay Golem 1
- After choosing your path, continue on and you will automatically activate the Cold Bones side quest.
- Here you will also find Ancel’s squad
- After speaking to Ancel make sure to activate the nearby fast travel and speak to Helena
- We are going up against a tough foe, potentially our toughest foe yet so we need to make sure our units are ready.
- After getting prepared once again speak to Ancel and lets make our way to the Batille Gates
The Road to Marcella –
I have been ordered to travel from the prison of Crucis to Marcella, the capital. At first blush, it doesn’t seem that hard; I just need to pass through the New Hope Valley, and then I’ll be escorted by a squad under Ancel’s command
The Ruins Of New Hope
- Reach the Witch Stone
- Clear the way of wolves
- Destroy the prison golems / Pacify the golems with the help of their master (Optional)
- Dispel Rossum’s shield (Optional)
- Find Rossum the golem master (Optional)
- Rouse Rossum from his meditation (Optional)
- Meet Ancel’s squad
- Continue on to the Batille Gates
- Kings Bounty II – Guides Playlist (Written)
- Kings Bounty II – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- Kings Bounty II – Game Review
- (GOW) God Of War Ragnarok – All Jarnsmida Pitmines Collectibles (Chests, Artefacts) - 27th November 2022
- (GOW) God Of War Ragnarok – All Freyr’s Camp Collectibles (Chests, Artefacts) - 27th November 2022
- (GOW) God Of War Ragnarok – All Aurvangar Wetlands Collectibles (Chests, Artefacts) - 27th November 2022