King’s Bounty II features many quests and these are usually consisting of either main story quests or side quests. With the former being mandatory to continue on with the game. The quests are also usually marked on the map
Anyway this specific page will focus on the Leaving the Prison (Main Story Quest)
- QUEST NAME: Leaving The Prison
- QUEST TYPE: Main Quest
- LOCATION: Dungeon
- QUEST GIVER: Main Story. Unmissable.
- NEXT QUEST: Ruins of New Hope
- REWARDS: 30XP
- We begin the quest locked up inside a prison cell. However, it doesn’t take long until Guard Bastian comes and frees us but why? Why did he free us? What is going on?
- Anyway lets leave the questions for later, and instead lets follow Bastian as instructed.
- When Bastian stops make sure to talk to him and he will tell you were your gear is currently being stored.
- Your gear can actually be found inside the cell to the right, inside a small crate. You will now obtain the Leather Armor, 2,500 Gold, 10 Mana, and Burning Ray 1
- After getting your gear back you can then continue to follow Bastian out of the prison area. Okay we now need to go and find Valbert
- Valbert the Warden can be found up the stairs to the left, just continue to follow Bastian as he will head up there too
- Here head inside the door in order to find Valbert
- Turns out Prince Adrian has issued our freedom, well that explains that I guess. Not only that but we have been ordered to head to Marcella for some reason. Perhaps this has something to do with the King being ill (as mentioned by Bastian)
- We will now be tasked with getting a horse and learning about recruiting units and purchasing gear. It doesn’t matter what order you do this next part in as you will need to go through all of it before we can continue..
- You can purchase the Crossbow for 300 Gold from Aestan
- Decim sells units and basically troops for your army. These units are practically the most important aspect to the game, without them you cannot fight or continue the game. Also, if they die they will not respawn meaning that they will remain dead and you cannot bring them back. Anyway make sure to purchase Dogs of War from him for 300 Gold
- Finally the horse can be got from speaking to Levitte, don’t worry he will give you the horse for free. No need to purchase anything here
- After acquiring everything we need the quest will then end. We will now be able to leave the village.
The Road to Marcella –
Weird things are happening at the prison-fort of Crucis! Valbert the warden wants to see me; he’s got good news for me. To be honest, after spending 6 months in this cage, any news is good news..
Leaving The Prison –
- Follow Bastian
- Talk to Bastian
- Take the equipment
- Talk to Valbert the Warden
- Collect the guards from Centurion Decim
- Buy the crossbow from Quartermaster Aestan
- Buy a full squad of dogs
- Fetch the horse from Levitte the groom