Payback is one of the many optional side quests that you can find and complete within the popular action title, Outriders. It involves getting revenge for an injured ECA soldier
Thankfully with the side quests within Outriders you can replay these as many times as you want, meaning if you enjoyed a personal side quest then you can redo it. However, you will of course need to find and complete the quest at least once first.
The rewards that you get from completing these side quests also has a chance to change every time you complete the specific quest too, thus for the purpose of this guide I’ll simply add down the rewards that I personally received myself.
PAYBACK – SIDE QUEST
- CLIENT: Injured ECA Soldier (Audrey Storm)
- STORY SEGMENT: Rift Town
- CHARACTER LEVEL: 5
- REWARD: x1 Selectable Gear (Rare), 500 EXP
- LOCATION: Crossroads
- You can pick up this side quest from the Crossroads, also here is yet another side quest known as Historian Everlasting. However, for the purpose of this guide we will just be focusing on Payback
- At the Crossroads head on up the small hill in order to see this poor ECA Soldier, to the right of you there will be a door in which you can find the above mentioned Historian Everlasting
- Anyway speak to the ECA Soldier in order to begin the quest. She will tell you that her unit was wiped out by an Insurgent Captain. It is time to help seek revenge
- After speaking to her proceed through the door on the left, here you will encounter your first wave of enemies
- When you are finished dealing with the foes you will then need to head through the double doors up the stairs, here you will get an introduction to the Interrupts and Resistance tutorial
- Through the next door you will encounter the Insurgent Captain, Reiner. He shouldn’t be too difficult but he will summon a Fire Tornado which can and will follow you around the room, he will also have backup too
- After dealing with him you can then return back to the injured ECA soldier in order to end the quest.
You found an injured ECA soldier whose unit was wiped out by an Insurgent Captain
Her description of the man seems to match that of the psycho who forced you to march into No Man’s Land, after you woke up from cryo. The Captain has fortified his position inside a bunker nearby. He’s gonna be real surprised to see you again.
- Assualt the bunker