Once you reach Phase 1 – Trusting The Path To The Future / Phase 1 – Searching For Freedom you will begin unlocking the various different optional side quests. These side quests are often then found on the map and appear as white little diamond shaped icons, once you have them accepted they then appear in the Story category in your menu section
One of the many different optional side quests that you can find and complete is Surprise Test Cont. This involves having to defeating 2 Wither Sabbat using Brain Crush
- NAME: Surprise Test Cont.
- TYPE: Side Quest
- STORY OBJECTIVE: Phase 2 – Days Of Disquieting Stagnation, Phase 2: Broken, Scattered Days
- CHARACTER: Yuito Sumeragi, Kasane Randall
- LOCATION: Suoh City Ryujin Ward
- QUEST GIVER: Examiner
- REWARDS: x3 Medium Jelly
- PREREQUISITE: Surprise Test!
- DESCRIPTION: Let me check to see if you have the mental fortitude. Suppressing Others no matter the situation is the OFS’s job.
- After completing Surprise Test! you can then begin this next side quest
- Head to Suoh City Ryujin Ward and find the Examiner once again, this time he will be in the North West section of the map
- He still isn’t fully convinced that we are in top shape and fit enough to be amongst the ranks of the OSF
- Due to this he will have yet another task for us, this time it involves Wither Sabbat
- You can find the Wither Sabbat at the Kikuchiba – Mid Level Shopping District
- From there head to Floor 2 and to the save point up here
- Next to the save area there will be a huge area that you need to go in
- At first you are probably wondering where the Wither Sabbat is at, don’t worry you are not going blind. The Wither Sabbat will turn up just give it time, instead preoccupy yourself with the other locals, the Vase Paws or the Plateau Pendu (if you are playing as Kasane)
- You see you need to defeat the locals in order to lure out the Wither Sabbat. They are a bit shy you see, either that or think that the locals smell too much. So dispose of them so we can finally get down to business.
- Oh there it is, big isn’t it. It is also rather fast too and it enjoys ramming into you horns first, beast with no heart basically. Thankfully we can end it rather quickly
- However, we need to take this thing down in such as fashion that we can complete the side quest and the easiest way to do that is to use the objects and the environment around you
- Using the L2 button (Playstation) aim and throw an object at the Wither Sabbat, then immediately hit the correct button prompts that then follows
- This will cause the Wither Sabbat to immediately fall to the ground vulnerable and weak. So continue to slice and dice on it until you get the objective to use the L2 (Playstation) Brain Crush
- Now since we need to do this twice, you will need to leave Kikuchiba altogether and then return and repeat the same process until the side quest is complete
- NOTE: If necessary you can find the Wither Sabbat’s weakness on it’s back