Within The Outer Worlds you will probably confront a form of barrier that once passed will force you into ‘enemy’ territory, the restricted zone.
Meaning if you enter it unprepared you will probably end up being under attack. However, the good news is that there is a simple way to get passed these restricted zones and be allowed to venture through the restricted areas.
In order to do so you will need to find and locate a certain item known as ‘ID Cartridges’. There are several of these cartridges to find and collect and upon doing so they will let you enter these zones without any issues.
However, each ID Cartridge is limited to one certain area and thus if you try passing a zone that the ID Cartridge is not connected to, chances are you will still end up being under attack.
So how do we find these lovely little ID Cartridges you ask? Well before we can actually find them we will need to locate the Holographic Shroud, without the Shroud the ID Cartridges are completely useless.
GETTING THE HOLOGRAPHIC SHROUD
As you progress the story you will be told of a Holographic Shroud, it is marked as Optional but it really is quite useful to collect and isn’t exactly hard to do so neither.
As you can see from the image above, the item lies inside the Captain’s Quarters within the Ship. Getting this now means we can concentrate on collecting the ID Cartridges for each area.
Related Guides / Links:
- The Outer Worlds : Guide Playlist (Videos)
- The Outer Worlds : Guide Playlist (Written)
- The Outer Worlds : Game Review
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 5 – Lethal Devotion) - 2nd February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 4 – Obliteration Imminent) - 1st February 2023
- Batman Arkham Knight – Fear Strikes Gotham City (Game Review) - 31st January 2023