Prison Liberation is one of the many side quests that you can complete within Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
It involves searching the Prison once again. It can be found and completed during Chapter 5 – Raging Bull’s Treasure
- CLIENT: Parks
- DEADLINE: Short
- PRIORITY: 3/3 (3 Star)
- REWARD: 5000 Gold
- LOCATION: Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- CHAPTER: Chapter 5 – Raging Bull’s Treasure
- You can pick up this quest at the Dandelion – Bulletin Board
- After doing that head to the Basement of the Dandelion Base in order to find and speak to Parks Ask About Quest
- Yet another person has been wrongfully arrested and we must once again go and rescue them. This is somewhat similar to the last quest Prison Rescue and will once again feature several different puzzles
- As with the last quest we will need to once again speak to Shady Dealer Maxim over at Central District. Choose the Submit Request option
- In order to progress the quest you will need to find 1000 Gold and obtain a Dry-aged Meat
- For the Dry-aged Meat head to the Basement of the Dandelion. Here find and speak to Arche as she will exchange x4 Smoked Meat for x1 Dry-aged Meat
- After getting everything go and report back to Maxim. Request Convoy Intel
- We are now back to Adol? and our cute little friend Xavier.
- Remember this Prison is home to several puzzles and traps, your first one appears when Xavier tells you to Stay Sharp
- Here you will notice a set of stairs and on top of the stairs is a row of sharp piercing spikes and a boulder.
- In order to solve this one, you will need to first step on the middle panel which will activate the boulder. QUICKLY RUN TO SAFETY!
- Then step on the panel on the left in order to remove the sharp spikes
- The next puzzle shouldn’t be too difficult. Simply follow the sharp mechanism around the room and to a lever. Activate the lever. This will lower the gate so you can progress on
- Listen to Xavier and head left. Ignore the enemies here as you can only defeat them using the traps
- HOWEVER, before actually crossing the bridge there is an optional Treasure Chest. Be warned though as there is a hidden trap floor right next to it
- The Treasure Chest will hold x3 Raisins
- When you are ready go ahead and cross the bridge. There will be a spike trap here so be careful, I would suggest rolling through them. You can either use this or the swinging axes to destroy the security bots if you want. Or ignore them, they can be annoying though but it is your choice and those are your only options
- The gate beyond the swinging axes will be closed and will require a few levers to be pulled. This is what the side rooms are for.
- So head into both of the side rooms and activate the levers here in order to open the next set of gates, then progress.
- Be careful with the following room (the one with rotating spike poles). There is a trap here that managed to be one of the very few to catch me out
- On the walls in this puzzle ridden room, there will be traps that will activate as soon as you get close to them. They both spit out laser beams that can cause damage. This of course also makes it difficult to navigate the room and collect the optional treasure chest too. Don’t forget about the lever in here
- Activating the lever will open the gate and as for the optional treasure chest, If you managed to reach it without dying you will obtain 2500 Gold
- Okay now that we can once again progress, lets do so shall we? This also concludes this puzzle and trap ridden Prison. At least for now.. phew…
- When you once again gain control, we will be back with our dear Monstrums. We will also find ourselves in Estatte Road
- From here just continue North until a scene occurs
- We now learn that the guy we came to rescue is actually a high ranking member of the Heiroglyph Knights. Hmmm something doesn’t seem right here.
- Anyway the side quest will end short after the following scenes. You will receive 5000 Gold and Lucien as a new ally
(The following solicitation was posted in private, away from the eyes of the average patron)
It’s come to my attention that yet another inmate at Balduq Prison has been wrongfully convicted.
I’d like to ask for everyone’s assistance in rescuing them. Come talk to me for more details