As expected with any typical RPG game these days, Baldur’s Gate 3 also comes with a ton of optional side quests that you can try and complete.
One of these side quests is The Pale Elf which is available when you recruit Astarion, the quest itself can be obtained whilst on Act 1 / Chapter 1. This side quest is also a companion quest for the character Astarion.
It will involve finding out about Astarion being a Vampire and his master Cazador.
- Astarion – Dialogue / Scenes
- Astarion – Approval / Disapproval
- Astarion – Origin Character Solo (Single Character) – Rogue (Full Early Access Run)
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- QUEST GIVER: Astarion
- Shortly after exiting the prologue and surviving the events of the Nautiloid, you will bump into the mysterious character of Astarion he will serve as one of your companions
- As you talk to him you will learn that he too was onboard the Nautiloid and thus he has also become infected. Thus the quest begins..
- Continue to journey alongside Astarion for a while, all the while making sure to side with his personality, it always helps to improve your affiliation. As Astarion is known to be a hostile type of individual, you will want to choose the more negative responses during the various (For a list of Astarion Approval and Disapproval go here) dialogue options. Sooner or later you will be able to activate the next section
- Return to Camp and choose to sleep there (You may need to speak to Astarion first in order to trigger this). As your character begins to lay down and get their much needed beauty sleep, a scene should start playing where the narrator will mention that You don’t sleep well, flitting between dreams and nightmares
- You should now get a scene where Astarion strangely approaches your character and that sudden realisation when your character awakens is priceless ha! I love Astarion ha!
- Choose whichever dialogue option you want depending on your play style. However, choosing the option Fine. But not a drop more than you need will net you Astarion – Approval
- Speak to Astarion once again and keep journeying with him until you get the chance to talk to him again, this time he will reveal information about a certain Szarr family
- Now we will need to confront a Monster Hunter named, Gandrel
- Gandrel can be found at the Putrid Bog (x: -10 y: 254). He will then be marked on your map
- Whilst speaking with Gandrel you can either choose to tell him about Astarion and that he is your companion Interesting. Astarion, what do you think? this however, will result in Astarion – Disapproval. Instead you can choose to not let Gandrel know about Astarion and ignore this option altogether. Choose the option All right, kill him if you must in order to get Astarion – Approval. You will now need to fight Gandrel regardless of the option you choose
- After the fight, go ahead and speak to Astarion once again. You will now learn of an individual named Cazador Szarr, a vampire lord who turned Astarion into the vampire he is now.
- Head back to camp and speak to Astarion once again before resting there. You should now also learn of a poem being carved into his back by Cazador. But why?
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
+ Continue Travelling With Astarion –
We fought a monster hunter who was looking for Astarion
Astarion told us that he suspects the monster hunter is serving his master Cazador.
We learned that Astarion was a slave to the Szarr family. He couldn’t refuse orders from them – and believes that might still be the case.
We learned that Astarion was murdered by a Gur nomad long ago. The vampire lord Cazador came to his aid and made him a vampire spawn
After spending the night with Astarion, we learned that he has some kind of poem carved into his back. Cazador did this to him – but why?
We met a strange elf who has also been infected with a parasite. He was hostile at first, but agreed to join us when he learned we were infected too
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Guides Playlist (Written)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Other/Various (Party Banter, Approval Sheets, Disapproval Sheets)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Our Game Review
- Valkyrie Elysium – List Of All Optional Sub Quests Guide - 1st October 2022
- Two Point Hospital – We Become Hospital Administrator In This Game Review - 1st October 2022
- Assassins Creed Valhalla – Eden Ring Station (All Puzzle Solutions) Guide - 30th September 2022