One such optional favour is Dues Ex Malachite, which involves finding Andvari’s hammer
- MAIN STORY OBJECTIVE: The Magic Chisel
- RECOMMENDED LEVEL: 4
- REWARDS: Epic Enchantment (Andvari’s Soul), 3290XP
- QUEST GIVER: Brok
- PREREQUISITE: Complete Second Hand Soul
- LOCATION: Landsuther Mines
- After completing the Second Hand Soul favour quest, go ahead and speak to Brok once again. It seems he has yet another lead on his friend Andvari
- We will now need to travel to the Landsuther Mines, which is to the South West.
- Here head through Landsuther Canyon and dock when you arrive at the beach
- Smash through the barricade and squeeze past the wall, then keep following the path until you notice Brok once again.
- You will now discover that the spirit of Andvari lives on inside the ring
- Anyway moving on, use the nearby pedestal in order to open the door and lets continue on..
- After dealing with the enemies head up the small hill here to reach a turning mechanism, use it to lower a platform
- Climb this platform and use Atreus to smash and break the red shatter crystals at the top, this will cause another platform to fall through the floor below.
- As you drop back down a bunch of new enemies will spawn, deal with them and then climb through the new hole in the ground
- You can find a small chest down here containing 2755 Hacksilver. However, for the purpose of this guide you will want to use the nearby lift to reach the top once again
- Before opening the gate you can find a treasure map (Kneel Before Thor!) and a treasure chest with x1 Solid Svartalfheim Steel and x3 World Serpent Scale
- We are now back to where we were before. Once again head back down the hole in the ground and this time instead of taking the nearby lift, you want to climb the ledge.
- Take out the light roots here so we can continue
- Drop down to the ground below, don’t worry we don’t need to fight the Soul Eater. However, there is another enemy here that is waiting for you, the Traveller
- Now climb the ledge that is next to the Soul Eater, then drop down to the path to the left.
- Follow this patch around to the left in order to find some more light roots, destroy those.
- Climb the following ledges and jump the gap in order to reach a chest containing Shard of the Elements (Legendary Enchantment). Don’t worry there are no traps regarding the chest, don’t let the ring fool you
- Drop back down and once again climb the ledge by the Soul Eater.
- If you haven’t already you can break the barricaded wall here to reveal a small chest containing 2688 Hacksilver, then climb the ledge left of the chest. Defeat the enemies
- After dealing with the enemies, climb up the wall. Follow the path.
- At the end of this path you can turn left, doing so will take you to a wall you can climb and eventually a small chest containing 2889 Hacksilver
- Ride the zip line down to the platform below. Destroy the barricade here to continue on.
- Here use the rotating mechanism to raise a nearby platform, after successfully doing that you can now use the zip line to the left to reach the ground floor once again
- Climb up the wall once again, this time since we raised the platform we can now climb up to the very top
- Defeat the next bunch of enemies, one of which will drop the Aegir’s Protection (Epic Talisman)
- Now since the gate is currently locked and thus we cannot open it, you will need to give Atreus a boost. There is a gap for him to fit through to the right of the gate, this will allow him to open the gate for you
- In here you can find the treasure chest containing the quest item, Andvari’s Hammer
- Now all that is left to do is return to Brok, you can begin your return by heading up the small hill here to a cart.
- Push this cart into the wall to reveal a chain that you can climb down. You should now be in a familiar location, this is where we dropped a platform through the floor earlier.
- Anyway return to Brok to end the favour quest
Brok thinks he knows where we might find his dead friend Andvari (the dwarf whose hand we found). He’ll explain more if we meet him at the Landsuther Mines
So, that ring we found: Andvari’s soul is trapped inside! Apparently, he stashed it in there so the Soul Eater wouldn’t eat it. Brok wants to use him to find his fancy hammer. Andvari seems grouchy about it, but I guess I would be too if I were trapped in a ring and some strangers were stealing my stuff
With Andvari’s help (finally), we found his hammer! For a soul trapped in a ring, Andvari sure is talkative. I bet Brok will be happy to have them both!
- Meet Brok at the Landsuther Mines
- Search for Andvari’s hammer
- Return to Brok
- God Of War (2018) – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- God Of War (2018) – Guides Playlist (Written)
- God Of War (2018) – Our Game Review
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 9 – Dead On Arrival) - 3rd February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 8 – Search And Rescue) - 3rd February 2023
- Dead Space Remake (2023) – All Collectibles (Chapter 7 – Into The Void) - 3rd February 2023