One such optional favour is Realm Of Fog, which involves unlocking Nilfheim
- MAIN STORY OBJECTIVE:
- RECOMMENDED LEVEL: 4
- REWARDS: Unlock Nilfheim, Trilingual Trophy Achievement (If you have completed both Realm of Fog and Realm of Fire)
- QUEST GIVER: N/A.
- In order to complete this one you will need to find Nilfheim Language Ciphers, these are usually found in treasure chests.
- Now in order to complete this side quest you only need to find four of these ciphers. However, there are more than 4 within the game
- Okay you can begin your search for the language ciphers by heading to the Ruins of the Ancient
- Here you will find a Soul Devourer which you can defeat in order to obtain a Seidr Sigil of Protection (Rare Enchantment)
- On this island is also a treasure chest, this chest will contain one of the language ciphers
- The next location you can explore is the Lookout Tower
- However in order to open the treasure chest with the language cipher you will need to remove the spikes that block your path.
- You can do this by using your Axe on the rotating mechanism by the wall, this will remove the spikes next to it.
- Now turn around and the spikes blocking your path should now be removed. Unfortunately another set of spikes blocks the chest
- In order to remove these ones, you will need to once again use your Axe on the rotating mechanism. Try not to get to close to this mechanism though, otherwise you will end up blocking the path for yourself.
- Okay the next location is The Mason’s Channel
- Here dock on the land to the right of the boatmen statues
- Climb up the wall (you may need to use Atreus to break the barricade here). At the top, climb the next ledge.
- Here look down to the path below on the right, you should be able to spot some red shatter crystals. Use Atreus to destroy these crystals that block the path.
- With the crystals having now been removed, you can now drop back down and follow the now accessible path.
- At the end of this path is the chest containing the cipher
- Okay only one more to go, you can of course search and find more than but it is rather pointless as we only need four.
- So for our last destination you can now head to The Mountain, you will reach this area after you have completed the main story quest, Return to the Summit
- From there just continue to follow the path and the story until you reach the shop and a large door.
- Head through the door and you will find a treasure chest to the right, the final cipher can be found in here.
- Now use the Realm Table to travel to Nilfheim, doing so will complete the favour quest.
This disc fragment seems to be part of a language cipher for the runes of Nilfheim. If we can find the rest of it, I should be able to read the language… and who knows what we will learn?
We found the last of the pieces of the Nilfheim language disc! Now I can decipher those runes, including the travel rune for visiting the Realm of Fog. I wonder what its like there..
- Complete the Nilfheim Language Cipher
- Use the Realm Table to Travel to Nilfheim