One such optional favour is The Flight of Fafnir, which involves rescuing another dragon
- MAIN STORY OBJECTIVE: Follow Mimir’s Instructions to the chisel (The Magic Chisel)
- RECOMMENDED LEVEL: 4
- REWARDS: Rare Enchantment (Brilliant Scale Of The Chained), Dragon Tear, 615XP, Dangerous Skies Trophy Achievement (If you have also completed The Flight of Fafnir, Otr’s Imprisonment and The Fire of Reginn)
- QUEST GIVER: N/A Reach the dragon, Fafnir.
- LOCATION: Mason’s Channel – Midgard
- Go ahead and dock on the island to the right of the boatmen statues near the Mason’s Channel
- From there climb up the wall, you may need to use Atreus in order to destroy the red shatter crystals.
- Keep climbing right to the very top and you should reach a door, Fafnir resides through here
- We will now have to destroy the dragon shrines, which in doing so will hopefully break the dragon free from its chains
- Keep in mind that Fafnir can and will continue to attack using electrical attacks, this is usually in the form of electrical puddles on the floor and/or electrical breath attacks
- Anyway you can find the first dragon shrine in a small area to the left.
- The second dragon shrine can be found to the left of Fafnir
- Watch out for the enemies that will attack you and as you are in a bit of a dead end, it is easy to get hit by them and Fafnir too. So try not to get too out numbered.
- The final dragon shrine can be found on the right side of the area now, climb up the wall here.
- You will have to fight a bunch of enemies including a Traveller
- That should now conclude all of the dragon shrines in the area. However, before we end the quest there is one more treasure chest that we can claim first
- Head back to the area with the first dragon shrine and climb the wall here
- In this area you can find both a lore tablet and a treasure chest. The latter one contains x1 Solid Svartalfheim and x3 World Serpent Scales
- Now when you are ready head to the anchor point next to the dragon, interact with this in order to then free the dragon
- As soon as the dragon is freed the quest will then end
Fafnir… I’ve heard the name before. Son of a Dwarf King, guardian of his treasure, cursed by Andvari. If we want to free him, we’ll have to break the three shrines that bind him, I know dragons are dangerous, but it seems like Fafnir has been through a lot
The three shrines are destroyed, but we’ll have to go back to the anchor point to free Fafnir
- Destroy shrines binding Fafnir
- Return to the anchor