King’s Bounty II features many quests and these are usually consisting of either main story quests or side quests. With the former being mandatory to continue on with the game. The quests are also usually marked on the map
Anyway this specific page will focus on the Axes and Splinters (Side Quest)
- QUEST NAME: Axes and Splinters
- QUEST TYPE: Side Quest
- LOCATION: New Tyrene
- QUEST GIVER: Lestor
- PREREQUISITE: The Ruins Of New Hope
- NEXT QUEST:
- REWARDS: 300 Gold, 40XP, Soldier’s Boots
- As soon as you leave the prison and continue through the The Ruins Of New Hope quest, you will automatically unlock this one. It will also be the first side quest within the game
- However, in order to complete it you will need to speak to the NPC who is asking for help. His name is Lestor
- It seems that some human thugs have arrived to the village causing trouble. They have even gone as far as capturing the dwarven leader, Stein
- Anyway after getting the lowdown, continue to follow Lestor to the scene of the commotion.
- Speak to Lupin in order to find out more of what is going on, this time from the human perspective.
- We will now have a choice to make, we can either team up with the dwarves or team up with the humans…
OPTION 1 – SIDING WITH THE DWARVES (Order Ideal)
- In order to side with the dwarves, simply attack Lupin
- As you attack Lupin you will initiate a fight against him and his men
- Once the fight is over you will be rewarded with 108 Gold and 21 Mana
- Stein will then be automatically freed.
- We will then be rewarded by Lestor’s uncle who lives nearby (see below)
OPTION 2 – SIDING WITH THE HUMANS (Anarchy Ideal)
- In order to side with the humans all you need to do is attack Lestor
- As you attack Lestor you will initiate a fight against him and his men
- After successfully finishing the fight, you will then be rewarded with 142 Gold and 19 Mana
- We will now need to go and collect our rewards (see below)
COLLECTING YOUR REWARD
- Regardless of the choice you make it will inevitably lead you here anyway.
- From the commotion, head back to the center of the village
- There should be a path to the right, between the buildings, follow this path and it will lead to a bridge.
- Cross this bridge and continue along the path.
- Now depending on your decision earlier, you will either by given your rewards from the dwarves here. (300 Gold and Soldier’s Boots)
- Or you can find your rewards in the box create next to the fallen dwarves (300 Gold and Soldier’s Boots)
AXES AND SPLINTERS –
- Follow the lumberjack
- Talk to the instigators
- Attack the dwarves (Optional)
- Attack the humans (Optional)
- Collect the reward