King’s Bounty II features many quests and these are usually consisting of either main story quests or side quests. With the former being mandatory to continue on with the game. The quests are also usually marked on the map
Anyway this specific page will focus on the Conspirator’s House (Main Story Quest)
- QUEST NAME: Conspirator’s House
- QUEST TYPE: Main Quest
- LOCATION: Marcella
- QUEST GIVER: Main Story. Unmissable.
- PREREQUISITE: The Cold Shoulder
- NEXT QUEST: Seeds of Betrayal, A Corrupt Guard
- REWARDS: 200XP
- We will automatically pick up this main quest at the end of The Cold Shoulder, it will be given to us by Counsellor Montier
- We will now have the location of the soldiers that attacked us and their current hideout, which is actually within this city.
- Head to Lower Marcella and towards the exit, here you should find some guards by a currently closed gate
- This gate actually leads to the conspirators’ house
- So proceed to speak to the guards here, once of which is named Ollagar
- After being told that we are following orders given by Counselor Montier, Ollagar will let us pass through the gate
- There is nothing of interest here so continue down the stairs
- To the right of these stairs there will be a barrel with some loot inside (Sleeping Bag, Honeypot, and 58 Gold)
- Heading down the next set of stairs there will be a Lever, activate it
- The wall will now move and reveal a new path for us to follow
- We will now be in the Marcella Dungeons. Continue on along the path and at the end turn left to trigger a cinematic of a guard
- If you continue on towards this guard another cinematic will then trigger, this time with additional skeletons. Well I guess that ends that then..
- Our job now is to clear the dungeon of its skeleton invaders.
- For winning the fight you will be rewarded with the Healer’s Belt, 25 Mana, and 500 Gold
- We will now need to look for any potential evidence as to who sent the soldiers to attack, this can be done by searching for papers on the table
- The papers you are looking for will be on the table by the fire, it is the scroll here
- With the scroll in hand we can now leave the dungeon in order to trigger a cinematic with Tenebros and Horace.
- We will now be given a few optional paths to go down, we can either team up with Tenebros or we can team up with Horace.
OPTION 1 – GIVE THE NOTE TO HORACE (Order Ideal)
- Horace is Captain of the Guard and basically the good guy here.
- By choosing to hand the note over to him you will be rewarded with 2 Order Ideal Points
OPTION 2 – GIVE THE NOTE TO TENEBROS (Anarchy Ideal)
- Tenebros is the opposite to Horace, a shady shape shifting mage. He is the leader of the Dark Adepts and who’s goons attacked you earlier
- For giving Tenebros the note you will be rewarded with 2 Anarchy Points
- So basically by choosing either Horace or Tenebros you are picking to either be a a good aligned character or a villain. The choice is yours.
- Regardless of your choice you will be destined to head to the same location anyway. For now you can pick whichever option you want as it is still relatively early in the game. Meaning if you want to be evil now but have a change of heart later you can do so or vise versa. However, later in the game your choices will affect the outcome.
- Also if you chose to side with Tenebros you can then speak to Horace for bonus dialogue, letting you know he isn’t happy with your decision
- This part of the quest is now complete. However, in order to complete it fully we will now need to travel to Castle Irok (A Corrupt Guard)
ENEMIES AMONG MEN –
Some conspirators have tried to kill me at the Batille Gates. Fortunately, Counselor Montier’s people have already located their lair – it’s in a house in the Market Square, in Lower Marcella.
- Find the conspirators’ house in the market place
- Find the missing guard unit
- Destroy the undead in the dungeons
- Look through the papers on the table
- Exit the conspirators’ house
- Give the note to Tenebros (Optional)
- Give the note to Horace (Optional)