This page will be focusing on providing a detailed walkthrough for the Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One. In this part we try to unravel the mysteries of the empty house
I will be trying to cover as much of the chapter as possible, from collecting the various different files, to unlocking any hidden and missable trophy achievements.
(NOTE: If you are wanting to complete The Tale of the Empty House side case, which results in refurbishing the building. Then go here for a guide on that)
PREVIOUS CASE: Stonewood Manor
GOING, GOING, GONE
- After finding out about the auction, go ahead and pin the Arriving at Cordona evidence
- Now interact with the following in order to get some more dialogue; hat stand, luggage case, and the red umbrella
- John will sense that Sherlock is beginning to remember something, with this enter the concentration mode and there should be some orbs we can interact with. These include the hat stand, luggage, and wheelchair
- Our next task is to try and figure out what order these new clues come in.
- The order is as follows; Man placing his hat on the stand (Doctor Richter), Mycroft pointing at the wheelchair, Sherlock helping his mother
- John will all of a sudden be feeling rather dizzy, which will lead us to needing to find our rooms.
JOHN’S CHALLENGE – HIDDEN TREASURE:
- Here we can attempt to win Jon’s Challenge and unlock the Once Upon A Time trophy achievement
- After John starts to feel ill, head on up the stairs.
- Here turn and head to the room on the left, John will already be here, laying on the bed. As soon as you enter the Once Upon A Time trophy achievement will unlock
- Inspect the bookcase next to the door in order to find jars of soil samples
- Then inspect the chemical jars on the table to the right
- Followed then by the notes on the next table, this will trigger our chance to hunt for clues!
- We will have four clues to find, which are as follows; Robinson Crusoe book, Encyclopedia books, newspapers, doorknob (rotate it in order to activate the dialogue)
- Now pin the Wooden Handle evidence and head towards the wardrobe next to the door
- Enter the concentration mode and look at the wardrobe doors in order to find a location that we can interact with, do so.
- Now that the drawer has its handle back, we can safely open it. Inside there will be a news clipping and a smoking pipe (rotate it in order to activate the dialogue). We should then get The Pipe of Siger Holmes
- That should conclude John’s Challenge – Hidden Treasure
- After completing John’s Challenge, interact with the telescope (if you haven’t already)
- Then interact with the chest at the end of the bed, inside there will be clues to find. Wooden Toy, Palau artefact (rotate it in order to activate the dialogue)
- After getting all of the clues, we can then interact with the VR letters on the wall
- Continuing our scan of the room, there will be a drawing on the corkboard
- Finally you can find a balloon on the floor, this should then conclude our search of the room.
- Now head to the Mind Palace menu and it will be time to do some more puzzle solving!
- Select the following options Friendly neighbour and Missing Records, this will then give us Family Friend
- Since this relates to a family friend, let us go ahead and pin the Looking for a Family Friend evidence
- We now need to search for this family friend, who is named Theodore Gilden
- Exit the house altogether and the A Gilded Cage case will then activate
NEXT CHAPTER: The Gilded Cage – Part 1