Rescue the Gnome is one of the more earlier optional side quests within Baldur’s Gate 3. It takes place within the Blighted Village and act 1 / chapter 1.
The side quest itself features a gnome being bullied by a gang of goblins over at the windmill. This like other quests has multiple different branches and outcomes
HOW TO UNLOCK
- ACT (CHAPTER) UNLOCKED: Act 1 (Chapter 1)
- LOCATION: Blighted Village
- QUEST GIVER: This specific quest is obtained by approaching a group of Goblins whilst in Blighted Village (see the images below to find out where these Goblins can be found)
- 1) When you approach these Goblins this quest should then trigger automatically.
- (+ We spotted a deep Gnome tied to the blades of a windmill. He’s being tormented by a group of goblins.)
2) When you choose to speak to the ringleader, he will say that he is trying to teach the Gnome how to fly.
3) You will be given several dialogue options to choose from, pick whichever you deem fit for your personal play style.
(Note: If you select the following dialogue option ILLITHID (Wisdom) – I’m a True Soul. Now once again – release the Gnome. The Goblin will tell his men to leave and will apologise since you are a True Soul, no conflict will occur. This is based on if you actually also win the Dice roll too)
4) Inspect the ‘Brake’ Lever inside the Windmill. This should stop the Windmill from actually turning
5) Head back outside the Windmill and here you should be able to find the poor Gnome, go ahead and speak to him
6) Again you will be given a set of dialogue choices to choose from, pick whichever suits your play style.
7) If you ask the Gnome how he managed to get caught and that he is a long way from home he will tell you about his pack and that it is quite heavy (possible loot), he will also tell you that he was looking for a friend
8) The Gnome’s backpack can be found inside the underground area, look for a Hatch Door that leads underground next to the Windmill
JOURNAL QUEST NOTES
+ Approach the Goblins. We spotted a deep Gnome tied to the blades of a windmill. He’s being tormented by a group of goblins.
+ Stop the Windmill. It took some convincing, but the Goblins left. If we want to help the Gnome, we’ll have to stop the Windmill.
+ After rescuing Barcus Wroot, we parted ways with him.
When speaking with the goblin leader and by using the power of authority we will unlock several new dialogue options. Choose the Illithid – Wisdom and refuse to pay the fee in order to receive both Gale and Shadowheart approval.
Gale will also approve if you free the gnome and tell him that he owes you nothing in return. Originally Shadowheart used to disapprove of this. However, now it no longer has any impact on her personality.
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS: