One of the many side quests or side cases as this game calls them, that you can complete is The Chaos of the Masked Writer. This specific quest involves having to deal with a corporate spy
Side Cases can be found and completed in both Isezaki Ijincho and Kamurocho. Simply head to the bulletin board in Yokohama 99 or find them on the map
Below is a simple guide on how to complete this one..
- CASE QUEST NAME: The Chaos of the Masked Writer
- CHAPTER: Chapter 4 – Red Knife
- QUEST GIVER: Kazuto Jumonji
- LOCATION: Yokohama 99 / Tenkaichi St
- REWARDS: 100,000 Yen, 5,000 SP, Showa Duel Records: Earth
- In order to pick this one up you will need to head to Yokohama 99, there you can find the quest on the bulletin board. It will be called Please Investigate a Corporate Spy
- From there head to Tenkaichi St. in Kamurocho, here there will be a building on the right. Here head to 3F and you should spot a man standing outside of the room, speak to him. (Aruto Okazaki)
- We will now learn that Kazuto Jumonji is actually a group of writers and are based in this one office. Anyway burn out all of the dialogue options here to learn more about the case.
- After that we will need to recon the room. Start by speaking to everyone first. (Hojo, Ayame, Okazaki, Manabe, Mikuru, Ayuhara, Nishimura, and Remi)
- After speaking to everyone Yagami will now want to collect potential evidence before confronting Okazaki, we will also learn that Sanada went to up to the rooftop. Okay with that lets head on up to 4F and more specifically the rooftop here.
- Speak to Sanada and we will learn that he is head of the structuring of the business, basically he is the one who provides the drawing blueprints.
- After the conversation, return to the office and a scene with Okazaki will occur, Yagami will also mention a strange odour. Head into the gadgets and summon your dog (Ranpo)
- Head to the table with Okazaki in order to find an ashtray, examine it to trigger a conversation
- Now examine the window here
- We will now need to search for both a stain and animal fur
- After successfully finding both the stain and animal fur, some of the workers here will start arguing. Then Sanada will confront you
- After the scene walk Ranpo towards the stairs and head to the rooftop
- Up here Ranpo will lead you to a tin of cat food
- We will now find ourselves in a conversation with both Sanada and Okazaki
- When prompted with The method which the suspect was stealing information from, choose Listening Device
- We will then need to provide evidence for The Method used to draw out the listening device, choose Smelly Stain
- Our next piece of evidence comes from What evidence did the listener drop as they fled the scene, choose Animal Fur
- The final prompt is when we will be tasked with providing evidence for What measure was taken by the suspect to chase away the cat with the listening device, choose the Sound of Firecrackers
- With this it was clear that the suspect was someone on the outside
- Yagami will now notice a strange man with an adorable kitty cat and using binoculars of in the distance. We will now be chasing the Suspicious Man
- After the chase, the suspicious man will introduce himself as Tenjinbashi and the side case will then end