Solasta: Crown Of The Magister features quite a few different side quests and of which are often put into their own category.
We have the Main Story Quests, Secondary or Side Quests and of course the basic Tutorial Quests. These can also be unlocked by talking to various different NPC and continuing through the main story. You can then view the quest and the quest’s description through the Journal
For this specific page we will be focusing on the Leave The Cave – Tutorial Quest. This particular quest involves learning about torches and lighting up dark areas
- QUEST NAME: Leave The Cave
- QUEST TYPE: Tutorial Quest
- ACT / CHAPTER: Act 1 – The Adventure Begins!
- LOCATION: Orc Cave
- QUEST GIVER: Main Story. Unmissable.
- PREREQUISITE: Cross The Bridge
- NEXT QUEST: Recover The Stolen Gem
- Another unmissable tutorial side quest this time the game teaches us how to use torches and light up dark areas
- We will be controlling the Cleric, Tanya.
- Okay our first objective is to light a torch.
- If you head to your inventory (the ‘I’ button on the keyboard is the easiest way to do this) you should find a torch already there.
- Now click and drag the Torch over to the Light Source over in the Equipment section. This will now result in the character now being able to use a torch whenever the Light Source is currently equipped
- Now if you haven’t already be sure to equip the Light Source so that the torch is seen in the character’s hand
- Then head over to the unlit bracketed torches and click on it to set them alight. There is 2 of these bracketed torches that need lighting
- This is actually only one of the many methods that you can use to light something. The other method being using a Light Cantrip and then clicking on anything that you have equipped and that can actually be lit such as again any equipped torches.
- Anyway after lighting both of the bracketed torches you will then need to click on the large Totem Pole which should be right next to you. If you fail the roll then the character will get a bit suspicious but isn’t fully aware as to why. However, if you succeed at the die roll then the character will realise that Orcs are nearby
- We can now go through the nearby door and into the next area
- We will now get a prompt about being able to heal, quite straightforward really. Using either a Healing Potion or a Healing Spell Cantrip will heal any damage your characters may receive, for a certain amount of health anyway
- The nearby loot chest here will contain the following; Potion Of Healing, Torch, Arrow x5 and a Ration Pouch
- Now walk to the end of the platform in order to find the Orcs, don’t try fighting them it is pointless.
- Instead what you want to do is activate ‘Cautious Mode’ in order to get stealthy and so we don’t have to worry about the Orcs noticing us.
- Then head down the ladder and to the rotating mechanism that the game just highlighted
- Using the rotating mechanism will unlock the nearby door which was next to the loot chest you just opened.
- Head through this door once you have successfully opened it
- We can now exit out of ‘Cautious Mode’ and travel normally once again. From here jump along the rock platforms to get to the other side
- The game will prompt us about a quick travel. So go ahead and enter the map menu ‘M’ on the keyboard and choose to travel to the Long Rest Safe Area
- A campfire will now appear, use it to camp and get rid of the Orcs
- After resting you can now enter the room that once had the Orcs in it, as you can see they have all left now
- Head through the doorway to the East to end the quest
- LIGHT THE TWO TORCHES –
- You have lit the torches
- EXAMINE THE TOTEM –
- The totem is a sign that you’re in a dangerous place… be careful
- EXPLORE FURTHER –
- You have found the orc camp!
- SNEAK PAST THE ORCS AND ACTIVATE THE MECHANISM –
- You found the mechanism that opens the door!
- CROSS THE RIVER –
- You reached a secret cave! Find a way out!
- WAIT FOR THE ORCS TO LEAVE –
- The orcs are gone! Get out of here!
- ESCAPE FROM THE ORC HIDEOUT –
- Find the exit and get out of this cavern!