Solasta: Crown Of The Magister features quite a few different side quests and of which are often put into their own category.
We have the Main Story Quests, Secondary or Side Quests and of course the basic Tutorial Quests. These can also be unlocked by talking to various different NPC and continuing through the main story. You can then view the quest and the quest’s description through the Journal
For this specific page we will be focusing on the Shadow Of The Past – Side Quest. This particular quest involves being threatened by Lord Belmont
- QUEST NAME: Shadow Of The Past
- QUEST TYPE: Side Quest
- ACT / CHAPTER: Act 1 – The Adventure Begins!
- LOCATION: Caer Cyflen
- QUEST GIVER: Lord Belmont
- PREREQUISITE: The Monastery
- NEXT QUEST: Path To Glory
- REWARDS: I Spy With My Little Eye – Trophy Achievement
- After completing The Monastery and once tasked with visiting the residence you will bump into Lord Belmont automatically
- Apparently Lord Belmont knows Anton and seems to have somewhat of an issue with him but why? Hmm.
- Okay lets visit the Gallivan Embassy which is next to the Legacy Council
- Here we will meet with a character named Joran Crawley who will try to come up with a plan to take out Lord Belmont
- We will now get a couple of choices on how to complete the rest of the quest, we can either speak to Daliat (providing you sided with him during Caer Lem Outpost) or simply search for the secret entrance to the New Empire Embassy
OPTION 1 – SPEAK TO DALIAT
- You can find Daliat at the Lane Ends
- It seems that Daliat is willing to help us out but only if we do a favour for him first. He wants us to rough a few bad guys up for him
- So head to the world map and travel to the Spy Outpost, it is North of Caer Cyflen
- Here you will find the bad guys who need a painful lesson, show it to them!
- After taking out the trash return back to Daliat back at the Lane Ends
OPTION 2 – FIND THE SECRET ENTRANCE
- Now in order to find the secret entrance you will need to head to the Gravekeep’s Cask
- Just outside of the tavern there will be a drain, lets explore it
- Be warned this area is on high alert with guards walking around, if you get spotted you will have to restart. Well I assume it would be a restart I personally never even got spotted, it isn’t that difficult to avoid detection. Though, I would recommend taking Anton and Anton ONLY! Oh and remember to enter ‘Caution Mode‘
- Now continue along, past the guards and up the stairs. Watch out there is another guard up here that tends to walk the halls
- The room you want to be in is up the stairs and on the right
- In here you can find some loot on the table (Sapphire and Amethyst)
- However, for the purpose of this guide you will need to inspect the nearby bookcase in order to plant the document
- Now stealthily make your way back out of the embassy
- Regardless of the chosen option you will now have to wait until the next day to continue the quest
- Rest at the Gravekeep’s Cask
- Return to the Sunblaze Court and find and speak to Bradford Ravensworth
- Apparently they did get the document and Lord Belmont has been officially dealt with. Case closed.
- GO TO THE GALLIVAN EMBASSY
- Lord Belmont threatened a member of your party. Reconnect with your past and resolve this problem by talking to an acquaintance at the Gallivan Embassy, near the Legacy Council Hall
- You’ve met with an old acquaintance and now have a plan to counter Belmont
- INFILTRATE THE NEW EMPIRE EMBASSY
- Find the secret entrance to the New Empire Embassy and sneak inside
- You have successfully entered the embassy!
- PLANT THE DOCUMENT
- You are inside the New Empire Embassy. Plant the incriminating document on the ambassador’s desk, and he will take care of Belmont’s career. BEWARE: If you are detected, you are dead! It may be a good idea to only send your most stealthy party members to plant the document.
- You successfully planted the document
- TALK TO DALIAT (OPTIONAL)
- Daliat could help you get rid of Belmont, so talk to him and offer to make a deal
- Daliat asked for a favour in return for helping you deal with Belmont
- You have eliminated Daliat’s enemies! Find him at the tavern
- KILL THE TRAITORS (OPTIONAL)
- You have agreed to eliminate a few of Daliat’s enemies in exchange for his help with Belmont. Go to the traitor’s hideout and take them out
- You have eliminated Daliat’s enemies! Go to Lane Ends and tell him
- WAIT FOR THE NEXT DAY
- As soon as the document is discovered by the New Empire Intelligence, they will blackmail Belmont. He should be leaving very soon, but you should at least wait the night.
- You waited one night to allow time for Imperial Intelligence to find the document and blackmail Belmont.
- RETURN TO THE RESIDENCE
- Return to the residence and check whether the document has reached the upper ranks of the Snow Alliance nobility.
- You have successfully neutralised Lord Belmont.