Another (BG3) Baldur’s Gate III page and this time focusing on the character of Astarion.
This page will list all of the possible Approval and Disapproval condition and dialogues.
Allowing you to either become Astarion’s best friend or his well simply put one of his enemies, I guess..
Each dialogue you get to select and choose from can often result in either of your companions being a fan of your decision (Approval) or disliking your choice (Disapproval)
We have also decided to list the areas in which these dialogues occur too, to hopefully makes things more easier.
- Astarion – Dialogue / Scenes
- Astarion – Approval / Disapproval
- Astarion – Origin Character Solo (Single Character) – Rogue (Full Early Access Run)
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest. Free and cut loose the poor Gnome from the windmill. Select the option for Compensation.
- Whilst the Ogre is having a bit of fun within the barn. Either choose to open the door or let Astarion open the door for you
- After defeating the Ogre (Buthir) speak to Astarion (who should have a mark above him) and choose either I want to scrub my eyes or Funny, but vile
- When you first enter Blighted Village, you will be stopped by some goblins on the rooftop. Use the Illithid option to avoid a fight. Speak to Astarion (who should have a mark above him) and choose Tadpoles aren’t all bad
- During the Githyanki Creche quest, allow Lae’zel to greet herself to the Kith’rak then choose the option to keep playing along. You need to bypass a Deception Check
- During the Search The Cellar quest, give Astarion the Necromancy Of Thay
- When you first enter Blighted Village and get stopped by goblins on the rooftop, choose sarcastic dialogue replies to initiate a fight.
- Whilst speaking to Shadowheart on your first night in camp, choose the ‘Let’s not abandon all caution’ option
- When Astarion is talking about methods of death, select the following options ‘A Knife’, ‘If I die, I’ll take you with me’, ‘Decapitation’, ‘Poison’
- During the Raphael appearance select the option ‘You’re mad if you think I’ll make a deal with the devil’
- As Astarion talks about Raphael’s sudden appearance select the ‘We are not playthings’ option or ‘We can’t fall into whatever trap Raphael is planning’ the latter option may require you to be a Warlock
- When Astarion is sick, win him over with the first die roll
- As Astarion talks about his Illithid Dream, win the first die roll (Astarion will now talk about his dream)
- When talking about Cazador, choose either the ‘You keep me safe, and I’ll do the same’ or ‘I’ll watch your back’ options
- Whilst talking to the Owlbear Cub (after having recruited it to your camp). Make sure to actually feed him
- Talk about the Shar worship with Shadowheart, seem interested in what she says about her. Agree to want to hear more about Shar in the future
- When Lae’zel attacks you regarding the tadpole. Choose to Kill her
- Let Astarion drink your blood
- After the second Illithid Dream, agree to keep using the parasites.
- When you find out that Astarion is a Vampire, choose the options ‘If you don’t like it, you can leave’ or ‘I trust him. He won’t hurt us’
- When talking about what to feed Astarion. Choose to let him feed on bandits ‘Sounds good. Glad we could agree’
- Simply reviving your companions through the Talkative Skeleton also grants approval
- When you defeat the Druids and Kagha (can be done by stealing the Idol at your first opportunity). Talk to Astarion who will comment on the Grove and choose the ‘Almost? How many corpses does it take to impress you? option
- Agree to spend the night with Astarion during the celebration
- When Astarion talks about the different ways to die, simply select the ‘I’d rather have someone else do it’, ‘I don’t have to choose’ and/or ‘I can bare a lot’
- During the Raphael introduction choose the ‘I’ll do anything to get rid of the tadpole’ option
- When talking to Astarion about the sudden appearance of Raphael, choose the ‘You might not be able to outfox him, but I will’ or ‘Raphael is only a cambion’ the latter option is currently only available as a Warlock
- When Astarion is sick, choose the ‘Keep talking and I might test that theory’ or simply fail the first die roll
- Whilst Astarion is talking about his Illithid Dream, either fail the first die roll (Astarion will refuse to tell you about his dream) or select the following options ‘You and Cazador? Never thought you’d want a ‘master’ in the bedroom’ or ‘No you’re not. Come on, face your fear’
- When talking about Cazador, select the option ‘Oh no, my friend. If vampires come looking for you, you’re on your own’
- During the Vampire reveal scene, make sure to kick Astarion out of your party
- During the Rescue Volo quest allow Volo to rip out your eyeball
- After the second Illithid Dream agree with your fellow companions on ‘Stop using the parasites’
- When telling Astarion about what he can feed on, choose the option ‘Nothing we can have a conversation with’, ‘If it can think, you’re not feeding on it’ or ‘You’ll get a stake through your heart’
- Accepting to spend a night with Astarion during the celebration and then later turning him down.
- Speak to Auntie Ethel and tell her that you have a Mind Flayer in your head, literally tell her everything.
- Let Sazza the goblin get killed
- After the Sazza event go ahead and speak to Astarion and choose the ‘They’re desperate’ option
- After dealing with Arabella regarding the Snake. Speak to Kagha and choose ‘I just wanted to see what would happen’ option
- When Mol shows you a magic trick with a ring, choose to Pocket the ring, followed by You are getting paid in experience
- Outside of the Grove there will be a little squirrel (Timber) running around. Choose to Kick the squirrel
- After finding out about being poisoned by Healer Nettie. Choose to Attack Her
- If Arabella died via Kagha’s Snake, report back to the parents and choose the ‘Kagha will release her soon’ option
- When trying to get your stolen belongings back, speak to Mol in the kid’s hideout. Then choose to threaten her if she doesn’t return your stuff
- Speak to Nettie’s poor injured blue bird (using Animal Speak) and keep prodding it
- After speaking with Zoru and letting Lae’zel have her way with him, speak to Lae’zel who should have an icon above her. Choose the ‘You are a dab hand at interrogations’ option
- When first entering Druid Grove, go ahead and speak to the merchant ‘Arron’ here speak to him about locking down the grove. Reply with ‘Tieflings are fine, they have devilish powers’
- Speak to the injured Tiefling hiding inside a small building in the main square. The door will be locked at first, so try to lockpick it or find the key. Choose to threaten her by snapping her neck.
- During the Investigate Kagha quest, side against Kagha so that she does not become an ally
- When first entering the Druid Grove. During the fight between Zevlor and the human choose the option More violence won’t bring back those you lost option
- When you first enter Druid Grove, after the Tiefling (Zevlor) and the human are done talking. Speak to Shadowheart (who should have an icon above her). Reply to her with the following option Let’s not get too hasty. These people may need our help
- Talk to Zevlor and agree to help him with the Druid and Refugee problem
- When dealing with Healer Nettie, swear to her that you will take the wyvern poison
- After dealing with Healer Nettie, speak to Shadowheart who will hopefully have an icon above her. Reply to her with the following option As a very last resort, yes.
- Accept Wyll’s idea to hunt down the Goblin leaders
- When speaking to Arabella’s parents reply with the following option – The druids are overreacting
- When speaking to Zevlor inside the grove itself, agree to talk to the Blade of Frontiers
- After dealing with Zoru speak to Lae’zel (who should an icon above her) and reply with – Do you plan on being that rough with everyone?
- Speak to Mattis who will show you a ring trick, pass the Perception check in order to catch a child trying to steal from you. Tell the kid to relax as he never managed to steal anything
- During the Investigate Kagha quest, force Kagha to abandon her ideas with the Shadow Druid so that she joins you instead and becomes an ally.
FOREST, RAVAGED BEACH, RISEN ROAD, UNDERDARK
- FOREST –
- As Edowin dies tell his siblings to avenge their brother
- After the Edowin scene speak to Shadowheart and choose ‘Swaying others, just like that? That is an advantage we cannot ignore’
- Kill the parasite on the dead body of Edowin
- After successfully crushing the parasite, go ahead and speak to Astarion. Choose the They practically worshipped us. This could be useful option
RAVAGED BEACH –
- Whilst the fisherman try to rescue their ‘daughter’ from the Mind Flayer. In reality it is the Mind Flayer they are trying to ‘rescue’. Threaten them to hand over their valuables.
- When you try to free the captured Lae’zel. Choose to either Attack the Tieflings or force Lae’zel to say Please
RISEN ROAD –
- During the Rescue the Artist quest, agree to pay the fee to help the poor slave (Oskar Fevras). Speak to Oskar and choose Slaves do not speak until they are spoken to and I don’t make jokes with slaves
- When speaking to Karlach during the Hunt the Devil quest agree to help her out.
- During the Githyanki Creche quest, allow Lae’zel to greet herself to the Kith’rak then choose the option to keep playing along.
- During the Missing Shipment quest, when approached by the Gnoll. Choose the option to devour the other gnolls
- During the Missing Shipment quest, try to keep the stranded survivors alive. Then at the Zhentarim Base agree to kill Rugan (Note: You must have the chest in your inventory and do NOT open it)
- Whilst speaking with the Sovereign, agree to take down the Duergar
- During the Mushroom Picker quest, find Baelen and tell him ‘This is your mess, figure it out yourself’
BLIGHTED VILLAGE, FOREST, RAVAGED BEACH, RISEN ROAD, UNDERDARK
- BLIGHTED VILLAGE –
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest. Free the poor Gnome from the windmill and refuse to accept any kind of compensation.
- During the Rescue the Gnome quest. Instead of fighting the Goblins, agree to give them gold and pay their fee
- During the Search The Cellar quest, do NOT give the Necromancy of Thay book to Astarion
- At the Edowin scene speak to Shadowheart (who should have a mark above her). Choose the I’ll speak for myself option. You need to use the Illithid option to trigger this.
- Do NOT kill the parasite on Edowin’s dead body
RAVAGED BEACH –
- As the fisherman try to rescue their ‘cough’ daughter, being blinded by a Mind Flayer. Speak to Astarion (who should have a mark above him) and choose the They are just common folk option. First initiate the fight then during the fight break the connection with the Mind Flayer, let the Fishermen leave the area
RISEN ROAD –
- Rescue the artist (Oskar Fevras) by paying for him to be freed
- Speak to the artist (Oskar Fevras) and give him some spare coin when he asks for it
- During the Mushroom Picker quest, speak to Derryth Bonecloak and agree to help her look for Baelen
- When reaching the Goblin Camp (with help from Goblin Sazza). Minthara will detect who you are and Sazza will find herself in trouble. Reply with She’s too stupid to understand. Simply let poor Sazza get eaten by Spiders.
- Agree to side with Minthara on attacking the Grove
- When speaking to the rather strange Maiden of Pain worshipper, listen to him and agree to get whipped by him, fun.
- When entering the Goblin Camp (without Sazza), simply fling the poop dung at the four Goblin guards
- Inside the camp go and speak to Novice Crusher. Here either lick the goblin’s foot or get the goblin to kiss your foot instead
- At the Camp stand and watch Volo’s performance, choose the option Boo! Get off the stage!
- Join in with the goblins in throwing stones at the Bear inside the cage. First use sharp stones and then throw a stone yourself
- Whilst speaking to Priestess Gut, agree with Wyll (if he is with you) and attack her.
- When reaching the Goblin Camp (with help from Goblin Sazza). When Sazza starts getting yelled at by Minthara, stick up for her so that she can avoid being Spider food
- When speaking with Goblin Spike (with Wyll alongside you), threaten him to cooperate or risk being tortured
- When you arrive at Goblin Camp (without Goblin Sazza). Agree to cover your face with dung poop
- Inside the actual Goblin Camp, go ahead and speak to Novice Crusher. Go ahead and kiss the Goblin’s foot
- Agree to get branded by True Soul Gut
- Follow True Soul Gut to another room and agree to her next task.
- When speaking to Priestess Gut, agree to be branded and then to speak privately. Astarion should then have a marker above his head. Choose the option – Maybe they were talking to a God
- Speak to the strange sheep wandering around. Reveal it’s disguise by reaching out
- After revealing the Sheep’s disguise, speak to the Redcap and reply with Baaaaaaaaa
- Let Astarion kill the Monster Hunter Gandrel
- In the Entrance Gallery (following the Auntie Ethel quest) speak to the terrified and troubled Lorin. He will think we are Mind Flayers, allow him to continue thinking as much. ROAR
- Midway through the Auntie Ethel fight, a scene will occur. Choose the Give me the power and the girl option
- Revive Mayrina’s husband and then speak to Astarion (who should have an icon above him). Choose the It was kind of funny, though option
- During the Auntie Ethel quest, agree to help out Mayrina’s brothers in the search for their sister
- During the scene with the Monster Hunter Gandrel, leave without any bloodshed being spilled
- During the scene with the Monster Hunter Gandrel, reveal that the companion with you is actually Astarion. Basically hand him over to the Gur
- After either running away or defeating the Gur Gandrel, speak to Astarion (who should have an icon above him). Tell him that the next time someone comes after him, he is on his own
- After either running away or defeating the Gur Gandrel, speak to Astarion (who should have an icon above him). Tell him that death is too good for him
RELATED GUIDES / LINKS:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Other/Various (Party Banter, Approval Sheets, Disapproval Sheets)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Our Game Review